Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
    Are you serious? I bought it for $65 or so at a Spec's here in town last Saturday. It's rare, but I didn't think it's that rare..

edit: here's a pic I took last weekend
    After the Forbes article came out people were going crazy for the stuff. I've never personally seen the single malt in the wild. Whiskey and Rye has it on their front page but it's not on their list:

A great neighborhood bar in Fort Worth, Whiskey & Rye focuses on regional craft beers, select spirits and creating a community feel. Come and visit us soon.

They have Pappy on the shelf ($55 a serving!) but you have to ask for that Single Malt. If they can't keep it in stock you know it's rare. You should be able to easily triple your money.

Comment

• I just picked up a bottle of the single malt. Wonder what it will sell for if I try to resell it lol.

Last edited by Jewrrick; 08-28-2014, 05:15 PM. Reason: Autocorrect and add picture
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

• Nothing beats Canadian Mist
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

• A friend married a proper Scottish woman. He keeps the good stuff around his house.

Comment

• ahh Islay...
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
              After the Forbes article came out people were going crazy for the stuff. I've never personally seen the single malt in the wild. Whiskey and Rye has it on their front page but it's not on their list:

A great neighborhood bar in Fort Worth, Whiskey & Rye focuses on regional craft beers, select spirits and creating a community feel. Come and visit us soon.

They have Pappy on the shelf ($55 a serving!) but you have to ask for that Single Malt. If they can't keep it in stock you know it's rare. You should be able to easily triple your money.
              Cool info, thanks. I won't resell it, but it'll taste that much better when I drink it knowing it's relatively "valuable."
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

• You may pride yourself on your impressive whisky collection, but there’s one whisky that trumps even your finest Glenlivet: space whisky.

Although this whisky wasn’t produced in a floating space factory, it has spent three years orbiting the Earth’s atmosphere inside the International Space Station.

Why, you ask? Good question. Apparently, Texas-based space research company NanoRacks had a burning desire to see how gravity affects the maturation of whisky, so they shot up a vile of unmatured Ardbeg malt complete with particles of charred oak back in 2011. Scientists hope to reveal how they interact in different strengths of gravity.

The malt came from the Ardbeg Distillery, which is located on a small, remote Scottish island called Islay. Of course, you can’t have science without a control, so the distillery kept an identical vial on Earth ready for comparison with the space whisky that's due to arrive in Kazakhstan on September 12. The two samples will be analyzed at a laboratory in Houston, Texas.

Bill Lumsden, Ardbeg’s director of distilling and whisky creation, shared his excitement with the BBC: “This is one small step for man but one giant leap for whisky. The team hopes to uncover how flavors develop in different gravitational conditions—findings which could revolutionize the whisky-making process.

“We hope to shine new light on the effect of gravity on the maturation process but who knows where it will lead us? It could be to infinity and beyond.”

Methinks Lumsden may have been enjoying the sampling process a little too much that day, but we look forward to the results nonetheless.

Comment

• Getting married tomorrow so I'm at The W hotel for the night while the fiance and bridesmaids have the house. What a better way to kick off the night.

Comment

• Good choice, sir. Love me some Bulleit - all versions.

Comment

• Ain't that a bitch

Comment

• It's a sign.... TX was a favorite of mine but give it a rest for a bit, have others, go back to it and the vanilla is stout!

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            Ain't that a bitch

Sorry about that.. We can get you a new top if you like
                            Originally posted by Yale
                            I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                              It's a sign.... TX was a favorite of mine but give it a rest for a bit, have others, go back to it and the vanilla is stout!
                              It's a sign alright, that shit is nasty!
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSsierra90 View Post
                                Sorry about that.. We can get you a new top if you like
                                When is the F&R Bourbon going to be ready to sell? Seems like I remember reading about it being barreled a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X