Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking news. ICE agents conduct a raid at an Allen tec company.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their I-9s were starting to be audited in Jan by feds.

Company had plenty of time to clean this up prior to raid. They knew this was a possiblity.
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

They will just pay the fine and move on. A $100G fine is a lot less money than hiring US citizens. Cost of doing business.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
        They will just pay the fine and move on. A $100G fine is a lot less money than hiring US citizens. Cost of doing business.
        The US attorney's should start pursuing prison sentences instead of fines.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
          The US attorney's should start pursuing prison sentences instead of fines.
          there's not economical benefit to that.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            OK, Then let's make it cost prohibitive.

1 million fine per illegal worker.

Can't pay go to prison.

It is way past time to get serious about this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

By law every Federal conviction comes with restitution, court cost, and fines. In this case the restitution can be the difference in price between a legal employee and an illegal one. That restitution could be millions of dollars.

All it will take is for a few fat cats at corporations to be sitting in federal prison for 20 to 25 years and it legal immigration will end because there will be no jobs for them to come to.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                By law every Federal conviction comes with restitution, court cost, and fines. In this case the restitution can be the difference in price between a legal employee and an illegal one. That restitution could be millions of dollars.

All it will take is for a few fat cats at corporations to be sitting in federal prison for 20 to 25 years and it legal immigration will end because there will be no jobs for them to come to.
                Always be illegal immigration under the current plan. Too many hard labor jobs that the button pushing generation doesn't want to do and only going to get worse.

We need a migrant worker program that encourages registration, tracking and tax paying.
                Murph

Comment

I can't believe for the time being no corporate employees have been or arrested or have pending charges. What the hell is the point then? The hiring irregularities found in the investigation were in violation of the several laws. CVE is still in business and broke the law with impunity, it seems. Too much incentive within our broken system to ever curb illegal hiring practice. The modern Democratic party sanctions and encourages illegal immigration. I'm behind Trump in principle on this issue, but it's a pipe dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                    Always be illegal immigration under the current plan. Too many hard labor jobs that the button pushing generation doesn't want to do and only going to get worse.

We need a migrant worker program that encourages registration, tracking and tax paying.
                    All of the jobs that are done by illegal immigrants today used to be done by black Americans. Maybe we should consider decriminalizing some of the things that get the majority of blacks locked into prison and welcome them back into the workforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post

There is literally no generation that wants to work harder for less money. It has nothing to do with button pushing or manual labor...it is 100% about pay. Immigrants are cheaper and a tool for wage suppression.

Theres a reason the oil and gas industry is able to still find us citizens to work in the field...and that reason is dolla dolla billz yall

Comment

Big chunk of folks have been released...they others will ask for a bond and it will take 1-2 years to deport. Love the fact that my tax dollars are going to this. Everyone takes a part in this (supporting illegals) one way or another. Who do you think pick's the fruit/veggies you eat? who do you think cooks at the places you go eat or works at the car washes you take your car to? I support getting rid of those breaking the law...the ones that are here to work let them work and charge a hike in taxes to them until they fix their shit to be working legally. If you are a dad or a mother going through the struggle you will do what it takes to provide food for your kids end of story. I'd do it if I had to illegally or not.
                        Originally posted by Da Prez
                        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I have a customer local here called CVE Technologies. I was worried for a second. Not the same peeps. They said they have been getting called all day from news peeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            There is literally no generation that wants to work harder for less money. It has nothing to do with button pushing or manual labor...it is 100% about pay. Immigrants are cheaper and a tool for wage suppression.

Theres a reason the oil and gas industry is able to still find us citizens to work in the field...and that reason is dolla dolla billz yall
                            Speak to anyone in management in retail and the frustration of having to take phones away from the new generation because they can't stay off of them for more than 10 min. to help customers.

No generation that wants to work for less money? Really? Really?

I've been working in a hard labor industry for last 20 years. Legal immigrants are paid very well because of the work ethic. Most other kiddos don't last more than two days.
                            Murph

Comment

I think Ruffdaddy meant there is no younger generation that wants to work hard for less money. I think that's spot on. There all entitled little pricks. Sure there will be a few that never earn a college degree and will wind up in labor jobs but for the majority, the new generation doesn't know what hard work is.

I have a buddy that was in the iron industry for just about his entire career. He would tell me all the time that the "wetbacks" as he called them, would out perform the white guys day in and day out and it was always the white guys asking for raises but the Mexicans were the ones getting them. He told me once what they pay those guys and it was a pretty good wage for the ones that busted their ass.

Comment

No I meant that only a fool picks a harder job that pays less and sees that as a source of pride.

This doesnt impact any 1 generation it impacts all generations. Nobody says "I want to work manual labor for $15/hr instead of managing the project for $125K a year".

But I got what I was looking for out of Murph in the first try.. he wanted to pat his own back. "I work hard for 20 years...blah blah blah". He needs some validation as to how hes better than the other generations that make more money than him and dont have to push their bodies to exhaustion day in and day out.

Comment

Working...
                                X