Tire reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    Ive used NTB, mostly because I opened a charge card with them and it's 0% for 6 or 12 months, depending on the dollar amount. They have been pretty competitive on price as well, usually willing to throw a bit of a discount to make the sale.
    Meh. No Toyos.. They have the Hankooks from my op but pricing out the door is virtually the same.

Anyone used Sears? Looks like they have a decent selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      I wouldn't recommend those Goodyear w/Kevlars. I've watched too many friends puncture those things. Grippy and ride good, but make sure you buy a spare.
      Meant to reply to this before.. That sucks to hear. I thought the whole point of those was less chance of puncture.

I do have to ask though, I know a lot of your Jeep buddies to some pretty heavy wheeling and rock stuff, what were the conditions when punctured? Was it all sidewall punctures / pinches?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Interesting.. I didn't see those since they are apparently only on Discount Direct. They are even a little cheaper than the first set I posted. Adding these as an option. Thanks!
        That's a Goodyear brand, FYI.

Comment

Price them out at a few places online and figure up your cost with shipping. Then call North Hills Tire and Wheel. You can usually haggle with Mike, the owner. You may have even better luck if you go in there with cash in hand.

Comment

Terra Grapplers are a good "inbetween" a mud tire and AT. I've put about 10,000 miles on my KM2s and absolutely love them. They've got about 700 miles offroad (mostly desert, rocks, and some wooded trails). Grip is great and it's a pretty tame mudder for highway miles.

I price matched through Discount for mine.

Comment

What part of town are you in Chili?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                What part of town are you in Chili?
                Euless..

Comment

Hmm.. Not seeing any Toyos on either of Discount's sites. Wonder if they stopped carrying them.

BTW, I am looking for 285-70-17. Slightly smaller than 33" x 11.5". Probably can't do any bigger / wider than that without a lift.

I'd like to throw a lift on it, and 35's, but not worth the money to me right now.
                  Bump this thread tomorrow to remind me and I will call my wholesaler, They are right by the old Benz dealer.

Comment

Meant to reply to this before.. That sucks to hear. I thought the whole point of those was less chance of puncture.

I do have to ask though, I know a lot of your Jeep buddies to some pretty heavy wheeling and rock stuff, what were the conditions when punctured? Was it all sidewall punctures / pinches?
                    One was more of a beadlock bite when the sidewall folded between a rock and the rim (aired down to around 3 psi). Another was a tear sliding along a tree stump. I did the same with my Toyo with no issue....Kevlar was toast. Another was a true puncture with a stick the size of a large pencil. Cut the stick so it wouldn't stick out so far and wheeled another hour until got back to camp to plug it.

Keep in mind, all of these instances were when the tires were aired down to less than 8 psi on heavy 4dr JKs...each well over 6K lbs. All were also 40"+ tires. Most guys I know that had Kevlars never bought another set.

The wheeling style is a little apples vs oranges compared to what you're expecting out of a set of tires.

Comment

Working...
                    X