On Board Air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Board Air?

Who's got it? What kind of equipment are you using? Do you like it? What do you use it for? Any really creative uses or install ideas? Advice for OBA newbs? Got pics?

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    Who's got it? What kind of equipment are you using? Do you like it? What do you use it for? Any really creative uses or install ideas? Advice for OBA newbs? Got pics?
    The only thing I can add is that one of my uncles had an old farm truck that had what looked like a normal ranch hand rear bumper on it, and it was an air tank. Extremely useful thing to have, especially on a big farm. He said it was built by an old guy way back in the 70's, and he'd transferred it from one truck to another since he bought it.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It would be nice to have an old a/c compressor setup for air. Probably wont ever have one thou I like a/c to much.

Comment

Train horn or air bags?

Comment

Have you looked at Expedition Portal yet? There are tons of guys on there with onboard air.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Have you looked at Expedition Portal yet? There are tons of guys on there with onboard air.
            Dont do it, it's a trick!
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Dont do it, it's a trick!
              He's ok, there's not much more that he can actually do to his truck! lol

Comment

He's ok, there's not much more that he can actually do to his truck! lol
                bullshit, I hate going to that site, I end up with a massive list of things I want to do that I have neither the time or money for.

Comment

i was gonna put it on my jeep then realized it would be silly since i dont "air down" when i go offroad and would HAVE to get a set of train horns that would in turn earn me a crapton of tickets from the popo, so i decided to jsut skip it.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                    Train horn or air bags?
                    Everything. I've just started piecing mine together. So far I have the compressor, tank, horns, and the manifold to run lockers. I plan to have lockers front and rear, air tools, train horns, bags in the rear, and pretty much whatever else is useful.

Ya, I've been on there for a long time. I just figured I'd add some content over here.

Comment

That is one addictive site

Comment

Viar makes some good stuff. I had one running lockers and onboard air at one point. It was actually quieter than my ARB set up.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Viair makes some good stuff. I had one running lockers and onboard air at one point. It was actually quieter than my ARB set up but you have to reduce the PSI going to the lockers.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            Viair makes some good stuff. I had one running lockers and onboard air at one point. It was actually quieter than my ARB set up but you have to reduce the PSI going to the lockers.
                            I'm probably going to end up using some of their fittings and line, and maybe tire accessories. I went with the ARB twin air compressor (CKMTA12) and an 8.5 gallon tank with eight 1/2“ ports. Everything is 150 psi, so it's perfect for the horns and lockers. Went with the Shocker XL horns from Hornblasters. I might use two sets of them, but not sure yet. I did some research and those are apparently the loudest outside of the true locomotive chimes like Nathan, which cost about 5 times as much.

I want to do rear bags to keep my truck level when it's got a bed full of stuff, but I have a 6" lift with full leaf springs (no blocks) in back, so I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do it.

I'm at the stage now of getting it all mocked up and deciding exactly how I want to plumb everything, picking out fittings and whatnot. It's my first project with air, so it's kinda fun.

I plan to have a quick disconnect on each side of my truck along the bottom where the bed and cab meet. That will make it easy for airing up tires or using tools on either side.

I don't really know what other uses there are, but since I'll have this on board, and still have available ports, I'm down to hook up whatever.

Comment

Working...
                            X