70s guns are nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70s guns are nice

My wife's grandfather died and her grandmother asked me to look at the guns he had and let me know they are worth. Go over there and it's a 1970 870 wingmaster with 2 barrels and an old model 60. I have never held these older guns, man are they smoother and better made than the newer ones. Looks like I have new guns

Indeed. Anything from the 80's back imho.

Comment

I have an 1100 from my grandfather that was probably made around 1970. The bluing is still excellent and the walnut furniture is still great looking. There is no telling how many dove that shotgun has taken in its 40 years.

Comment

I have several that are older than I am, and they work great still and are holding up nicely also.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

How much for the wingmaster?

Comment

Don't think I am going to sell the wingmaster, may keep it and sell a shotgun I have had for 2-3 years and have never taken it outside. They don't make guns like these anymore.

Comment

All the guns I have that were made prior to the 1990s are of a greater quality than their current counterparts. That being said, there are some phenomenal guns in production today as well, but Freedom Group really has hurt quality across the board for American gunmakers.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Pulled the numbers off the shotgun, made in 1958. You cannot change chokes on these as you have to change the whole barrel. Definitively a keeper.

Comment

My dad has a Ruger Blackhawk .30 carbine from the 70's and a Marlin 1894 lever action .44 magnum rifle from the early 70's. Both are extremely nice guns.

Comment

Can't believe nobody else has said it.... Pics or none of this actually happened!
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                    There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Next time I get on my computer, but I need to get some of the dust and cobwebs.

Comment

My FIL left behind some nice stuff too. Made mid '70s S&W model 57 .41mag that is such a nice pistol I may buy it from the estate myself. He also has a couple shotguns that look pre '70. You can really tell the difference between them and current made stuff.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I agree. My wingmaster is a 70s model and very smooth and love the wood on it. It doesnt chamber 3" shells but otherwise I really love mine.
                          2013 F150 STX Supercab 5.0L w/3.55 LSD
                          1990 GT Convertible

Comment

All of my older rifles are really nice fit and finish the older Remington's I've had seemed to have a deeper tougher blueing than what is on them today. My Browning and Mauser are both pre 1960 FN products and are as high of quality as one could ask. Got a few older S&W revolvers that are really nice but even the newer ones aren't that bad.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I really appreciate older guns with all steel and hand fitted parts, nice polished bluing, and beautiful wood. I've been buying a lot of vintage stuff lately as it's a better investment too.
                              It's sad with all the manufacturing cost reductions in today's guns that the fit and finish and overall quality of a lot of them has suffered. Guns with MIM parts and plastic may function fine and shoot well, but I just can't appreciate them as much.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                              X