What gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What gun?

Im getting a gun for Christmas and I dont know as much as most of yall on here. Im looking for a full or maybe compact gun under $500. What gun do yall recommend, or what brands to stay away from. Would like a .45 or a .40. Thanks in advance.

XD45 in either 4" or 5" will run you under $500
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Go to a store and hold everything that looks appealing then go from there.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Glock or Springfield XD for 500 and under.
        Sig or HK for 500 -1k.
        Kimber or Desert Eagle for 1k+.

Word of advice is spend alittle extra on something you really like.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
          Glock or Springfield XD for 500 and under.
          Sig or HK for 500 -1k.
          Kimber or Desert Eagle for 1k+.
          Word of advice is spend alittle extra on something you really like.
          i lol'd a little.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have an xd subcompact bought for 399 and I really like it 3" barrel in .40
            this is a link but I bought mine local at a place called The Ridgeline

Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discount firearms, parts to build your next gun and more.
            sigpic

Comment

If it must be a 40 or 45, I would go with a M&P

Comment

Sooooo many options man, but whatever you do, before you buy, go to a gun show. There will be EVERYTHING there, and you will likely get a much better price than just going to a local gun store. Take all of them into consideration and hold lots of them to find the one that fits your hand the best.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

XD, M&P, Armalite AR24, Caracal, CZ 75, Witness, Ruger SR, or Steyr are all good options.

Personally for around $500 I believe that a CZ75b or a Witness would be your best options.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

As recommended a Witness or CZ-75 is a great gun for the money, probably the best gun for the money on the market right now. However, they are hardly compact, even in compact form. Get the XD if you want at truly compact gun. Get the witness if you want the best gun for the money, imho. For the cost of a compact XD you can get a full or compact witness, and several mags and ammo and still (in my opinion) end up with a better shooting gun. I'm not sure why but the Witness just shoots really good, much better than most pistols. That's probably why they keep winning IDPA/IPSC. And as a benefit you can switch out uppers to any caliber - including 10mm. The Witness is the natural heir to the Bren Ten throne, they are essentially the same gun.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

XD, XDS, RIA 1911 have all been good sub $500 guns for me.
                      Jon

Comment

Thanks guys. Ill be going to hold guns this weekend and see. Whats your thoughts on the Beretta PX4 storm or the brand itself? Also your input on Taurus?

Comment

Pass on the semi-auto Taurus. Just don't even bother with one.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwild331 View Post
                            Thanks guys. Ill be going to hold guns this weekend and see. Whats your thoughts on the Beretta PX4 storm or the brand itself? Also your input on Taurus?
                            Pass and run far away!
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                              XD, XDS, RIA 1911 have all been good sub $500 guns for me.
                              RIA 1911 is a good gun as long as you're okay running 230gr ball FMJ rounds. They won't cycle hollow points reliably. I wouldn't choose it as a carry gun though, not reliable enough imho.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                              X