*NSFW* Skin a deer with a golf ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *NSFW* Skin a deer with a golf ball

I figured I'd post this in here since 90% of the guys that will appreciate this frequent this forum. I was not aware of this trick, maybe some of you are.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

By the time it takes to set all that up, id be done.

Comment

Yeah the processor we used used a rock and an electric winch. They took about 5 minutes from the time you backed into the bay till it was a carcass ready to process. Took longer to fill out the paperwork.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

it is sweet. Ill have to try it.

You still have to cut around the front legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

They chopped them off with an electric saw.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

10 seconds with a quality cleaver. I wonder if this would work with a pig?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Is the skin as tough? I would think so on a wild pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                Is the skin as tough? I would think so on a wild pig.
                It's a lot tougher, unlike a deer it's hard to really get a grip on it and there is a lot more fat. Pulling skin off a deer is like tearing a blanket off the meat. On a hog it's like pulling a radial tire off. I'm not sure if it would work, but man that would make life a lot easier. Knowing my luck it would rip the sumbitch in two.

Comment

I've tried that method on a nice coyote I shot and it pulled him in half, lol.
                  "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                  East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                  https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

We've done that for years with a large piece of gravel and a 4 wheeler. It works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
                      I've tried that method on a nice coyote I shot and it pulled him in half, lol.
                      It would seem the consensus is it works for deer, not for coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        They chopped them off with an electric saw.
                        I use limb cutters
                        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          I doubt it. Even if it does, you'll still have a lot of fat to trim off.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Duly noted.
                            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I did it this year as well. It was super fast and easy

As far as the hog, I'd also like to know. I think it would be harder to get the rope around the ball. Fucking hogs are tough as nails.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4085didaqMk[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X