Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 JKU buy extended warranty or no.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 JKU buy extended warranty or no.....

Stock warranty expires on the jeep end of the month. Can get a 60k 6 year extension from chrystler for 3k.

We plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time, just hard to cut a 3k check and see nothing from it. Until the motor or transmission blows then spend 5-6 to fix...

Do you guys have warranties or did you guys buy the extended?

Input please!

Originally posted by zachary View Post
    Stock warranty expires on the jeep end of the month. Can get a 60k 6 year extension from chrystler for 3k.

We plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time, just hard to cut a 3k check and see nothing from it. Until the motor or transmission blows then spend 5-6 to fix...

Do you guys have warranties or did you guys buy the extended?

Input please!
    Negotiate that shit. Mine was like 3300 on the first shot and I got them down to around 1800 or less for 8 year 100k at Ford.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

jeep currently has 66,000 miles and this would put it under warranty till 120k miles.... fyi

Comment

Depends on how many miles you drive.

I bought the lifetime, unlimited miles, bumper to bumper warranty on my 2009 when I bought it new. I have almost 142K miles on mine, so I'd blow through that warranty in two to three years. But, if you only put 10K a year on it, I'd say do it. The $3K I paid for mine has already paid for itself in warranty work.

Comment

You can easily replace the engine, transmission or the axles for less than the price of that warranty. If it's an automatic or a Rubicon I'd consider it at a cheaper price. These things seem to be pretty reliable though, other than a few blown up transfer cases I don't see too many problems with them.

Comment

The motors and transmissions are cheap? that is why i was considering it, i thought being a newer vehicle it would be several grand to replace or fix anything that broke?

It has been dependable so far not a problem, it is a daily driven, not off road toy also....just was not sure about longevity of the drive line in these things!

Comment

No the parts aren't really that cheap but you can get a used engine for $2k or so and labor is 12 hours. So $3k or so if something bad happens. The trans is just a 42RLE, they aren't that complicated to build. The axles seem to be holding up a lot better than the old body ones for some reason as well.

It's always a gamble but me personally I wouldn't buy any kind of aftermarket warranty for $3000+ on a Jeep. Cut it in half and let me make payments and I'd consider it. If it were a Land Rover or Audi product sure, Jeeps though even if you buy parts from the dealer it's hard to spend that much on a repair.

Comment

Working...
              X