FCC Chairman's Proposal Will Radically Change The Rules Of The Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    History. Government, left alone, seizes all forms of communication and creates a monopoly just as it did with force. Remember back before government took over student loans, mortgages and banking?
    That's odd, I don't remember any phone system ever being taken over by the government. Where are you getting this information from, thin air?

Originally posted by Forever_Frost
    No, you're right. When you're backed by the government, you can fail completely in every aspect and expand. NPR, EPA, DHS, TSA, FCC.
    You ever heard of a public service? NPR was never meant to draw a profit, but to provide a service. The EPA, DHS, TSA and FCC are all pure expenditure agencies. What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Debatable, since there is a lot of left of center leaning that likes to ignore some factual information. An example they are horrible on their 'factual' presentations when it comes to firearms

Comment

What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

WH

Comment

That's odd, I don't remember any phone system ever being taken over by the government. Where are you getting this information from, thin air?

You ever heard of a public service? NPR was never meant to draw a profit, but to provide a service. The EPA, DHS, TSA and FCC are all pure expenditure agencies. What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          The phone system isn't taken over by government? You're saying the NSA doesn't monitor every call and text? Tell me how it's not taken over.

I have heard of public service, not sure you have. NPR is a loss and provides nothing of value that cannot be gotten by any number of private sector avenues. You want news? AM or FM radio. NPR is unconstitutional and a waste of money. What service do they provide and I would like statistics on NPR listeners being more informed as well as where I may find differing opinions on NPR. I mean, NPR has a host that discusses corruption in NPR and their slant right?
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

The phone system isn't taken over by government? You're saying the NSA doesn't monitor every call and text? Tell me how it's not taken over.
            So if you're at home and your child overhears a conversation between your wife and you, has your child taken over your conversation?

I have heard of public service, not sure you have. NPR is a loss and provides nothing of value that cannot be gotten by any number of private sector avenues. You want news? AM or FM radio. NPR is unconstitutional and a waste of money. What service do they provide and I would like statistics on NPR listeners being more informed as well as where I may find differing opinions on NPR. I mean, NPR has a host that discusses corruption in NPR and their slant right?
            Yeah, I want to listen to AM radio for my news. Rush Limbaugh is EXACTLY who I want to hear.

You should KNOW you're fucking up when, as a news agency, the people who view your news are less informed than people who view no news. I'm looking at you, Fox News.

Comment

• The analogies you people come up with are hilarious.

Blind and stupid are no way to go through life, racer
              WH

Comment

So if you're at home and your child overhears a conversation between your wife and you, has your child taken over your conversation?

Yeah, I want to listen to AM radio for my news. Rush Limbaugh is EXACTLY who I want to hear.

You should KNOW you're fucking up when, as a news agency, the people who view your news are less informed than people who view no news. I'm looking at you, Fox News.
                You are saying the NSA overhears and don't record everything? You thin Rush is the only one on am?

Comment

History. Government, left alone, seizes all forms of communication and creates a monopoly just as it did with force. Remember back before government took over student loans, mortgages and banking?
                  "Well he's a fool its just as well if it gives him hell"
                  WH

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    Dont most subdivisions only have one fiber provider already?
                    Its a mix. The wiki article below does a god job of explaining the status.

I would imagine if the infrastructure can support the speed needs, it will be used, otherwise re-run it all.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    What makes you think that the government would nationalize the internet?
                    It's not nationalizing the internet, that would be creating the great firewall of the US. (similar to the great firewall of China/Golden Shield) IE. block the rest of the world.

It would be laying the technical framework to be able to make a wide brush stroke affect on all municipal provided internets.

Homeland Security is responsible for the CyberSecurity aspects of the gov, they would make the centralized policies and procedures and roll them down the hill. They would be the central point for processing all information and launching counter-measures. Detection and mitigation.
                    WRX

Comment

You are saying the NSA overhears and don't record everything?
                      This isn't an answer to my question. Stop sidestepping my question and answer it.

You thin Rush is the only one on am?
                      No.

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                      It's not nationalizing the internet, that would be creating the great firewall of the US. (similar to the great firewall of China/Golden Shield) IE. block the rest of the world.

It would be laying the technical framework to be able to make a wide brush stroke affect on all municipal provided internets.

Homeland Security is responsible for the CyberSecurity aspects of the gov, they would make the centralized policies and procedures and roll them down the hill. They would be the central point for processing all information and launching counter-measures. Detection and mitigation.
                      What brush stroke are you talking about? Maybe I'm not reading what you've said correctly, but it doesn't seem that what you've said here makes much sense.

Comment

• You are comparing my child picking up my phone and hearing something I said to the NSA listening to calls in violation of the constitution.

Explain the similarities. I can spank my child and tell them stay off my phone, do I have that option with the NSA?

Comment

You are comparing my child picking up my phone and hearing something I said to the NSA listening to calls in violation of the constitution.

Explain the similarities. I can spank my child and tell them stay off my phone, do I have that option with the NSA?
                          Sure you do, vote out the people who support the nsa. That's how all of this works, right?
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Sure you do, vote out the people who support the nsa. That's how all of this works, right?
                            Yes. Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• I like how Fox News is always the bad guy. If people weren't sick of decades of bias from liberal journalists, Fox News wouldn't even exist. What better proof of that do you need other than the ratings?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                I like how Fox News is always the bad guy. If people weren't sick of decades of bias from liberal journalists, Fox News wouldn't even exist. What better proof of that do you need other than the ratings?
                                Fox News was the first news organization to the heavily partisan game and MSNBC tried to follow suit on the liberal side. I don't even know what you're talking about.

Fox News is the bad guy because they're constantly wrong, a LOT wrong. It's astounding how wrong they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X