Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downs View Post
    Unless you have to work on them. I think that the units on the line that have been flying them for a while are putting in something like 14 man hours of maintenance for every flight hour flown.

We just stood up. We have 4 of them. Only one was flyable up to today, we found one of the gearboxes had been overtorqued by the previous unit. It's hard down now too.

Blackout Coverings for night use? This was the middle of the war so they probably were for light discipline.
    The f14 required 50 maintenance hours for every one flight hour.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Maybe I was just spoiled by "working" on C-130s for 5 years
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

• Always wondered what the light covering was for! Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          And this is why you want to be a pilot and not a wrench monkey, lol.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Yeah, you could always spot a Tomcat maintainer a mile away. They were "FML" before that was even a thing. Gargamel knows what I'm talking about. Lol
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              The Flat Iron building looked really weird back then. More angled back then, now its round.

Comment

Maybe I was just spoiled by "working" on C-130s for 5 years
                I hear ya on that one. I've was a Crew Chief on the 130 for 10 years and before that lawn darts. Not a plane in the world I fell more safe on than an old Herc. We've been through some shit together.
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  Yeah, you could always spot a Tomcat maintainer a mile away. They were "FML" before that was even a thing. Gargamel knows what I'm talking about. Lol
                  I worked on Tomcats for 11 years right up until they were decommissioned. And in the end they were over 85 man hours per flight hour. I love that plane, but what a pain in the ass to keep flying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark04 View Post
                    I worked on Tomcats for 11 years right up until they were decommissioned. And in the end they were over 85 man hours per flight hour. I love that plane, but what a pain in the ass to keep flying.
                    I hear ya. I was on the Independence with VF-21 and VF-154. The had the oldest Tomcats outside of the reserves. Those were some hard working S.O.B.s

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Maybe I was just spoiled by "working" on C-130s for 5 years

Are you with a 22 squadron now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                          Are you with a 22 squadron now?
                          Yeah the first ever reserve V22 unit.

Sent from my iPhone
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

• Ya'll found a Bad Mother F'r wallet lately ??

Comment

• That screams I don't give a fuck like nothing I have ever seen!

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                                X