No announcement yet.

My Theater Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd furniture placement for a theater room.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark04 View Post
      Any tips on building the poster boxes? I just bought 4 front loading snap frames and I am looking for plastic diffuser to spread the light evenly in my DIY frames...still in the planning/trial phase
      You can use white plexiglass as a diffuser. Regal plastics carries a number of different levels of opacity. You need a cavity behind the diffuser, painted white, and around 3 inches in depth. You can use 2 off the shelf 24" fluorescent lights to do the job.

As for the furniture, it's arranged more traditionally now. The next project is a platform and theater seating.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
        Once you go projector, you never really want to go back to flat panels again.

I use my 110" as my main TV all the time. I was going to build a dedicated room, but I'm glad I went against that so I can enjoy it every day.
        Why so? Size, quality, etc?

I'm completely unfamiliar with projectors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Why so? Size, quality, etc?

I'm completely unfamiliar with projectors.
          Size would be my reason for not going with anything less than projection in the future.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Finally got the led lighting up. It goes around three sides of the room. Now, I just have to mount the moulding in front and that project will be complete.

Comment

It's been a slow process, but I finally put the crown moulding up last weekend.

Comment

No curved screen. No kegarator.

Comment

I like that, looks great
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

How's the BenQ projector doing? I'm about to replace my old junky one, and saw them while shopping on amazon. Anything you would do different?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Lo9ks neat but I like mine pitch black
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

The BenQ is holding its own really good. No complaints.

The lights go off during a film.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                            I've been really impressed with the picture quality.
                            How would you rank it in comparison to modern TVs? Never had much experience with projectors. Only monitors
                            WH

Comment

It all depends on the lumens the projector throws. I'd say it's comparable to my plasma, or maybe a little bit dimmer.

Comment

I'm going to start building the riser for the back row this weekend. It will be 14" high, so viewing should be just about perfect. I still can't decide on a wall color I like. I've also found myself researching fiber optic kits for star fields. That's a project for down the line.

Current progress:
                                Seating
                                Poster frames

Last edited by diablo rojo; 03-21-2015, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X