Ford parts help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford parts help

I picked up a set of running boards for my truck on fleabay. A set of take offs, with brackets for $160 shipped. Unfortunately I didn't notice that hardware was not included. I've managed to find the correct nuts to mount the brackets to the body, however, I can't seem to find a part number for the bolts that mount the steps to the brackets.

Can anyone help? It seems Ford only "sells" them as a kit with the bracket.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Buy now to save big on genuine OEM auto parts and accessories! Easy online ordering. Huge discounts. Fast shipping. Award-winning customer service. Shop now at TascaParts.com!

I've had the best luck here. Their prices are good and they have expanded views you can click on to identify parts.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
      www.tascaparts.com

I've had the best luck here. Their prices are good and they have expanded views you can click on to identify parts.
      Thanks, their prices seem good. The problem I'm running into, is I can't find a part number for the bolt that holds the running board to the bracket. There are U-Nuts on the running boards that the bolts thread into. Worst case, I will have to take the U-nut down to the dealership and see if I can find a parts guy nice enough to find the bolt that fits it and sell me some. Most want to sell the whole bracket kit, at ~$40 each.

Comment

If you know what it looks like and what thread it is, take it to Fastenal
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

What's wrong with heading to your local Ace Hardware?
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

ask the seller to help. if they have good feedback rating they usually bend over backwards to try and keep it that way

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              If you know what it looks like and what thread it is, take it to Fastenal
              The U-Nuts slip right off. I'll probably end up running one down to fastenal tomorrow and seeing if they have what I need.

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              What's wrong with heading to your local Ace Hardware?
              No local Ace Hardware

Comment

There is a Ace Hardware in Rockwall on 205 going toward hwy 66.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
                  There is a Ace Hardware in Rockwall on 205 going toward hwy 66.
                  I was merely just giving him shit. Fastenal is closer/on my way to work. I live in Greenville and work in Royse City.

Comment

Get them fancy ones that look like they ain't even there till they come out from underneath. On their own.
                    WH

Comment

Fastenal has everything, they might just have to order it. Ace Hardware is pretty much a bunch of plumbing shit for old people. Find an Elliott's Hardware if you want to get serious about finding stuff on hand locally. The one here in Plano stocks things that make me wonder what they are thinking. All kinds of weird fasteners.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Get them fancy ones that look like they ain't even there till they come out from underneath. On their own.
                        AMP steps. Worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          AMP steps. Worth every penny.
                          I don't have any cow skin rugs yet.... No doubt I'm going to hate the look of these things hanging off of the side of the truck and as soon as I have the $$ I will be upgrading to power steps.

I have other mods on the list first.

Darker tint. Not sure what they put on the front but it doesn't match the privacy glass in the back, which I would prefer be a little bit darker. Any input there would be great.

I'll be ordering some lowering shackles this weekend as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I finally got the chance to stop by a hardware store. Lowes to the recue.

I stopped by the ford dealer, they were out of the nuts to mount the brackets to the body and fastenal was closed. A quick google revealed the nuts were M8 x 1.25. I took one of the U-nuts with me and found that the bolts for the boards were m6 x1.00

End result

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

you short basterds. climb. CLIMB!!
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X