Old School Gamers- Picked this up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Gamers- Picked this up

Picked up this '79 Asteroids game. It wasn't working at all. I replaced a couple electrical components, about 15 capacitors and a few transistors, and brought her back to life. Just finished up a few small things like getting all the lights to work yesterday.
    Here she is!
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Nice.

I have been looking for a nice cabinet to do a mame set up.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Man, I could've bought so much stuff with the quarters I wasted on those things.

I can't believe what they charge for these arcade games these days. Lucky if you get to play a round for a dollar. Would like my kid to experience arcade gaming, but can spend money quick these days.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Hows the screen? any burn in?

Comment

And put on a goddamn shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
            Hows the screen? any burn in?
            Screen is great man. I was worried for a bit. First I rebuilt the power supply and had major screen problems. Game was playable but screen was crazy. Rebuilt the deflection board and it's wonderful now. I just ordered a "High score save kit" that saves the scores when the machine is off. Real good way to avoid the burn in.

You son of a bitch.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

lol
              If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

So easy a caveman can do it?
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

SWEET! I put many quarters through that game. Where did you find the parts for it?

Comment

I have one of those in my sunroom. Good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                      SWEET! I put many quarters through that game. Where did you find the parts for it?
                      http://www.therealbobroberts.net/ Pretty easy stuff. This is pretty much the go-to-guy for these parts. Super cheap, and he sent me 2 moonpies and a mardi gras stuff with my first order.

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Man, I could've bought so much stuff with the quarters I wasted on those things.

I can't believe what they charge for these arcade games these days. Lucky if you get to play a round for a dollar. Would like my kid to experience arcade gaming, but can spend money quick these days.
                      Get him on Pinball. Usually $.50 a game, and they require skill if you actually play the game. I'd get a pinball next, but you cant find em in decent shape for below $1,000. I'd want a dot matrix, and those are $2,000+
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post

You son of a bitch.
                        Ha Ha.

The screens are the hardest quality part to find. All the manufacturers have ceased or moved to LCD so it's a finite supply. that you got a decent screen first shot out is a home run.

That's not to say LCD's are bad, but theres just something about an old school CRT monitor. Like playing a vinyl record vs a CD.

Comment

no centipede no care! that was my favorite

Comment

That's wicked.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

Take the kiddo to Tornado Terrys in Keller. It's a big arcade with about 50+ old school machines plus new machines. It cost about $12 to get in but all the games are free so you can play them as many times as you like, they also got a couple pool tables and air hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X