My Theater Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Theater Build

Finally moved into the new house and I've been slowly putting the pieces together to complete my 7.1 theater.

The details:

120" fixed frame screen from Visual Apex (best price by $200 when factoring shipping)
    BenQ W1070 1080p projector from Visual Apex (best price by $100)
    Denon AVR-E400 from MODIA (via Amazon)
    3 Monoprice #6317: 5-1/4 Inches Center Channel Micro-Flanged In-Wall Speaker
    4 Monoprice #4929: 8 Inches Kevlar In-Ceiling Speakers - w/ 15 Degree Angled Woofer

Media PC mods:
    GeForce GTX 650
    Asus Blu-ray player
    EVGA 600W Power Supply

All new HDMI cables.

Entire house pre-wired for sound and data by Home Pro.

Looking good. If ever down the road you get interested in a horizontal masking system for different aspect ratios, there are a lot of cheap DIY solutions for that.

Comment

Vurrah niiiice.

Comment

awesome!
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Nice. We enjoy ours all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Once you go projector, you never really want to go back to flat panels again.

I use my 110" as my main TV all the time. I was going to build a dedicated room, but I'm glad I went against that so I can enjoy it every day.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

I've been really impressed with the picture quality. The projector lives up to the reviews. I'm pleased by how the Monoprice speakers sound with movies. They aren't living up to my hopes when listening to music, however. I'm still in the process of calibrating, so we'll see how it sounds.

The only thing I have left to install is my lighting. I went with (4) 16' led strips that will fit behind crown molding I'm installing 1' from the ceiling. It allows for 22 different colors and is remote controlled. Looking forward to having that done.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice, man! My advice - be happy and stop looking at what else is possible because it never ends.

Enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  Nice, man! My advice - be happy and stop looking at what else is possible because it never ends.

Enjoy it!
                  You aren't kidding. I've been doing this as a hobby for years, but this is my first system that is completely new from the ground up. I used to build back lit movie poster cases for home theaters as well, so I know the extremes that can be reached. I've considered fabric on the screen wall, sconces, risers and stadium seating (I've got the ceiling height and enough depth), etc.

Enjoying it won't be a problem though.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been eyeing these for a while!

4 Monoprice #4929: 8 Inches Kevlar In-Ceiling Speakers - w/ 15 Degree Angled Woofer

How are they on a 1-10 scale for movie sound quality? Not interested in music myself.

Comment

We did the rectangular style similar style (monoprice 4618 I believe) on my brothers house I was impressed. theres not much bass but he has a sub so no big deal. They perform good for the price for sure

Comment

I'd say a 7.

The 8" angled woofers did a pretty good job during the week I used them as mains. As is the case with any in wall/ceiling speaker, the sound is going to differ greatly from one application to the other based on the cavity behind the speaker.

I was impressed though.

Comment

i would love just to have a 4k tv. bright sharp images, those 4k are the titties.

Comment

stuff like that and good car audio equipment is money well spent imo. I enjoy my stuff every day and I feel that it improves my quality of life on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                              You aren't kidding. I've been doing this as a hobby for years, but this is my first system that is completely new from the ground up. I used to build back lit movie poster cases for home theaters as well, so I know the extremes that can be reached. I've considered fabric on the screen wall, sconces, risers and stadium seating (I've got the ceiling height and enough depth), etc.
                              Any tips on building the poster boxes? I just bought 4 front loading snap frames and I am looking for plastic diffuser to spread the light evenly in my DIY frames...still in the planning/trial phase

Comment

Working...
                              X