F150/FX4 hidden winch mount.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
    did you post pics of your new setup yet?
    Not yet. I'm waiting until I get the interior and stereo stuff finished (hopefully this weekend) and then I will get it all shined up and take some pics. The exterior and suspension is "done", though... For now.

Oh, and you know I'm joking. That black truck looks killer. Part of me wants traction bars. They would help a lot with the inevitable axle wrap on my rig, plus they look cool. But, I don't want to sacrifice any articulation.
    Last edited by jluv; 10-23-2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I hear you man, hope it comes together nice. and of course i knew you were joking broseph. that truck is gorgeous, awdturbo do you have the automatic steps on there?

Comment

I hear you man, hope it comes together nice. and of course i knew you were joking broseph. that truck is gorgeous, awdturbo do you have the automatic steps on there?
        Mine has the hard mounted steps. I would not want the automatic steps. The hard mounted are the reason my 02 F250 had zero door dings.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Mine has the hard mounted steps. I would not want the automatic steps. The hard mounted are the reason my 02 F250 had zero door dings.
          The Amp power steps may be my favorite mod I've done on my truck, and I have done a ridiculous shit ton of mods. No door dings, either, but I have side moldings that help prevent that.

Comment

I want a winch really bad, though. Maybe even one in front and in back. I want to do bumpers first. That and onboard air/lockers/train horns, and it really will be done. I'll be out of stuff to do!

You said wireless remote, but I see what looks like a wired controller in one of the pics. Is that easy to disconnect or does it have to live behind your bumper or under the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              I want a winch really bad, though. Maybe even one in front and in back. I want to do bumpers first. That and onboard air/lockers/train horns, and it really will be done. I'll be out of stuff to do!

You said wireless remote, but I see what looks like a wired controller in one of the pics. Is that easy to disconnect or does it have to live behind your bumper or under the hood?
              Works like a normal winch if the battery goes dead in the handle. I just haven't put the battery in it yet. Completely cordless, just the handle. Oh and even in wired mode it is as simple as push in and twist on that control box.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Works like a normal winch if the battery goes dead in the handle. I just haven't put the battery in it yet. Completely cordless, just the handle. Oh and even in wired mode it is as simple as push in and twist on that control box.
                So that controller at the bottom of the second pic is wired or no?

And it disconnects easily?

I've never had a winch so just trying to learn.

Comment

So that controller at the bottom of the second pic is wired or no?

And it disconnects easily?

I've never had a winch so just trying to learn.
                  Yeah it has a wire on it right now but it snaps right off on the control end and the box end with quick connects. However it is synced to the winch control box also wirelessly. I wanted this so I could shut the hood and winch as normal since the box is behind the grill. There is a switch on the control box mounted by the radiator that flips it to wireless mode. Then I could be sitting in my truck or standing away from the truck and work the winch. However if the battery craps out in the hand control I can grab that cable and and snap it between the two for wired control.

Wait I got this. It works just like a wireless Xbox or PS4 controller. Battery goes dead and you hook the cable up and play on. It was only laying there in the bumper area because I just put it there while I was installing the winch for easy access.
                  Last edited by kingjason; 10-24-2014, 08:10 AM.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Very cool. I'm jelly of your winch AND your firewood!

Comment

Very cool. I'm jelly of your winch AND your firewood!
                      Come camping up in OK, and you can take all the firewood home that you want.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Come camping up in OK, and you can take all the firewood home that you want.
                        Sounds entirely too risky.

Comment

camping is fucking in tents.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sounds entirely too risky.
                            lol. I'm just saying, I've got way more firewood than I could ever use.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Come camping up in OK, and you can take all the wood that you want.
                              Fixed it!
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Damn your truck looks bad ass!

Comment

Working...
                                X