question for those that IWB carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    Perhaps make minor adjustments, but leave it for the most part when in public places. Shift it when driving. What are you carrying?
    Originally posted by Jose View Post
    So your moving it from the 1-2 o'clock position because it's not comfortable when your sitting or because your worried about a discharge? What gun is it? Would going to a smaller barrel gun make a difference?

For me I'm comfortable leaving my Glock 17/21 or 1911 IWB at 3 o'clock. Might print a little bit of the butt depending on what I'm wearing. If I'm carrying my 43 or LCR you won't see it.

Find a position that's comfortable and leave it there. Moving it around like what you are doing in public would not be something I'd want to do.
    Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
    How high are your pants and what are you carrying?

I carry a shield, appendix and while it does touch, it’s not touching with a lot of pressure.
    It's a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 so it's a small gun as is. Walking around, it just feels better inside my pants and prints less. Since I've trimmed down quite a bit, I'm also wearing slimmer fitting shirts so to carry at 3 o'clock it's just obvious. However, I move it mainly because it's not comfortable when sitting. I'm not too worried about a discharge because while I do have a round chambered, the hammer is decocked. It has a thumb safety but I'm just iffy about that.

Pants are your normal below the waist pants. I'm short too so I don't have a really long torso.

This is my current holster. Not the best by any means and I really have to be careful when bending over. I can try 4 o'clock but will have to buy a new holster.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      I only appendix carry like that if it's for a short time, like walking the dog or something, and it will just be with a clip-in holster.
      I'm a 4 o'clock kinda guy.
      This. Usually though, I just drop my LCP in my pocket when walking the dog. It's just like having my phone in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
        It's a Kimber Ultra Carry 2 so it's a small gun as is. Walking around, it just feels better inside my pants and prints less. Since I've trimmed down quite a bit, I'm also wearing slimmer fitting shirts so to carry at 3 o'clock it's just obvious. However, I move it mainly because it's not comfortable when sitting. I'm not too worried about a discharge because while I do have a round chambered, the hammer is decocked. It has a thumb safety but I'm just iffy about that.

Pants are your normal below the waist pants. I'm short too so I don't have a really long torso.

This is my current holster. Not the best by any means and I really have to be careful when bending over. I can try 4 o'clock but will have to buy a new holster.
        https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/unc...ildCatid=30702
        Dunno. I have a kydex holster so it’s pretty hard compared to your leather or synthetic woven materials. It used to be uncomfortable but that was because my pants sagged a bit. After the adjustment I can get in and out of car, bend and do just about anything carrying appendix.
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Alternate and between 4-5
          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Best concealed holster and small 9mm?
            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
              I'm sure I'll get attacked for it....but Kel-Tec PF9 is a great +p capable 9mm...the only one I know of that's smaller is the Diamondback DB9 (which has many documented vidoes of blowing apart with +p ammo). A step up from the PF9 is the Ruger LC9 or LC9s for another hundred bucks or so. I carried a PF9 for several years and although it took a few hundred rounds, polishing and cleanings to be 100% for me....it is just about as small and light as you will find.
              My regular carry ammo in it was 147gr +p PDX1...and it was quite snappy. The Ruger is basically a more rounded, polished version of the PF9...and more expensive. I sold my PF9 and bought a double stack P11 which is also a very reliable SLIGHTLY larger version of the PF9.

Comment

Anyone tried the sig p365? Exact same size as a glock 43 and has a 10+1 capacity.. I’m considering one
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  Anyone tried the sig p365? Exact same size as a glock 43 and has a 10+1 capacity.. I’m considering one
                  My neighbor got one and he loves it. I haven't shot it yet, but it's sure comfortable.

Comment

I love my xds 9mm.. Also I purchased an alien gear holster, but find myself using a cheap kydex holster more. The alien gear is awesome, just takes a minute to get it situated and ready. The cheap kydex I use I can pop in and out easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                      I'm sure I'll get attacked for it....but Kel-Tec PF9 is a great +p capable 9mm...the only one I know of that's smaller is the Diamondback DB9 (which has many documented vidoes of blowing apart with +p ammo). A step up from the PF9 is the Ruger LC9 or LC9s for another hundred bucks or so. I carried a PF9 for several years and although it took a few hundred rounds, polishing and cleanings to be 100% for me....it is just about as small and light as you will find.
                      My regular carry ammo in it was 147gr +p PDX1...and it was quite snappy. The Ruger is basically a more rounded, polished version of the PF9...and more expensive. I sold my PF9 and bought a double stack P11 which is also a very reliable SLIGHTLY larger version of the PF9.
                      Thanks for the reply. Do you find +p to be necessary, and if so, why exactly?
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                        I love my xds 9mm.. Also I purchased an alien gear holster, but find myself using a cheap kydex holster more. The alien gear is awesome, just takes a minute to get it situated and ready. The cheap kydex I use I can pop in and out easily.
                        I also carry an XDS 9mm and an alien gear holster. Their stuff is awesome. I bought 2 of their steel core belts, but I think they no longer offer them. Can't beat that combo.

Comment

I have an alien gear and just picked up a CZ P-07 with some +p ammo. I used to carry a .45 Colt New Agent, but i like the idea of the +p with less recoil and more capacity. The CZ is a GREAT price point, still pretty light loaded compared to most and is pretty versatile. And you can't beat the CZ quality. Factory night sights as well with the OD Green.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            I carry at 4 own, other than that I front pocket carry. Except for some of my slacks I can fit my glock 19 in my front pocket.
                            I can't figure out what was autocorrected that turned that post into gibberish.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Do you find +p to be necessary, and if so, why exactly?
                              Just my opinion but with a short barrel you lose velocity. +P makes up for that. And/or get a round made to be shot out of a short barrel.

Comment

Working...
                              X