Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
    The point of my comment to you was that you were asking someone for proof that doesn't think there is any. Dummy.

the planet has warmed and cooled throughout it's rather lengthy history and will continue to do so.... right up until it doesn't, and when that happens we won't be around to blog about it
    My bad. Reasonable to post it anyways.

Agree. It's a "distant" problem until it's here. Then, it will be much more difficult to solve. It's putting the burden on our descendants so we can revel in our wasteful, oil-driven lifestyle a bit longer.
    2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
      My bad. Reasonable to post it anyways.

Agree. It's a "distant" problem until it's here. Then, it will be much more difficult to solve. It's putting the burden on our descendants so we can revel in our wasteful, oil-driven lifestyle a bit longer.
      We will continue to advance as a civilization, I promise. It's what we do, naturally. All those horse drawn-buggy owners probably thought the world was ending when Mercedes invented the car too, of course nobody could Tweet it to millions the instant it happened.

I have faith that you'll put 2 and 2 together eventually.

Comment

And zero information and evidence presented that it is a real thing?
        Do you and your other large carbon footprint buddies all agree that preserving earth resources will do no good, so you are all going to sit there with your thumbs up your asses and tell everyone to vote while you keep polluting the earth waiting for a dependable and affordable electric car? And when things don't go your way, instead of taking any sort of accountability you'll blame it on us resource hogs?

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          Do you and your other large carbon footprint buddies all agree that preserving earth resources will do no good, so you are all going to sit there with your thumbs up your asses and tell everyone to vote while you keep polluting the earth waiting for a dependable and affordable electric car? And when things don't go your way, instead of taking any sort of accountability you'll blame it on us resource hogs?
          Obvious troll post but oh well. You don't know how much my carbon footprint is, but I'm sure it's much less than yours, if we're counting. I didn't blame anyone, I've only said there is evidence of human caused climate change.

CWO - We will yes, until some problem comes along that is too difficult for traditional civilization "status quo" innovation to solve. Another example -- USA going to the moon. We weren't going to do that successfully unless we actively funded it.

Comment

Obvious troll post but oh well. You don't know how much my carbon footprint is, but I'm sure it's much less than yours, if we're counting. I didn't blame anyone, I've only said there is evidence of human caused climate change.
            This is not trolling. These are serious questions because of how you've portrayed yourself on this subject. Example- You have no idea what your carbon footprint is, but you are by golly sure it's smaller than mine. That's science right there! LOL!!!
            You really can't blame anyone yet because you have no basis or evidence to blame anyone. What I'm saying is when your agenda fails to show what you and your kind have been parroting you will then blame we colossal resource users.

Comment

This is not trolling. These are serious questions because of how you've portrayed yourself on this subject. Example- You have no idea what your carbon footprint is, but you are by golly sure it's smaller than mine. That's science right there! LOL!!!
              You really can't blame anyone yet because you have no basis or evidence to blame anyone. What I'm saying is when your agenda fails to show what you and your kind have been parroting you will then blame we colossal resource users.
              Still out there in left field buddy. My only arguments have been about the science of man-made climate change and ways to fix it. Nobody has mentioned "colossal resource users"? That's your own invention.

I have an exact figure of $$$ spent on gas this year. I can calculate the gallons used if I had to. Google c02 released per gallon. Basic stuff...not hard.

Comment

Still out there in left field buddy. My only arguments have been about the science of man-made climate change and ways to fix it. Nobody has mentioned "colossal resource users"? That's your own invention.
                You JUST informed me in your previous post you believe your footprint is smaller than mine even though you have zero idea what either is... and I'm in left field.. lulz
                I have an exact figure of $$$ spent on gas this year. I can calculate the gallons used if I had to. Google c02 released per gallon. Basic stuff...not hard.
                What? I thought there was more to human pollution than CO2 emissions? But yeah, keep nit picking to try and keep your point relevant. As said earlier, all of your kind need to get your shit straight and become a united front in this battle instead of these ridiculous, varying opinions on what is and what is not good for our environment.

Comment

I wouldn't waste your time talking to SS. If he were arguing with god, he'd be right. There really is no point in discussing anything with him.
                  WH

Comment

You JUST informed me in your previous post you believe your footprint is smaller than mine even though you have zero idea what either is... and I'm in left field.. lulz
                    Did I not clarify that...just for you? Then you go on the following tirade based on providing you the answer you wanted...

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    What? I thought there was more to human pollution than CO2 emissions? But yeah, keep nit picking to try and keep your point relevant. As said earlier, all of your kind need to get your shit straight and become a united front in this battle instead of these ridiculous, varying opinions on what is and what is not good for our environment.
                    Am I to understand that because I provided some math to calculate c02 emissions, you jump all the way to me saying "all climate change is caused by c02"?

My shit is straight. Your all over the place.

Edit: Gasser64 - Yup, it's fruitless I know. He gets a few replies, then I'll ignore and let others continue the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      I wouldn't waste your time talking to SS. If he were arguing with god, he'd be right. There really is no point in discussing anything with him.
                      LOL.. okay, Smegma Stench. This coming from the multiple personality mental patient with an unfinished DB rack.
                      Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                      Did I not clarify that...just for you? Then you go on the following tirade based on providing you the answer you wanted...
                      Well, no because there's still a part of the equation missing regarding making a claim of whose footprint is smaller.
                      Am I to understand that because I provided some math to calculate c02 emissions, you jump all the way to me saying "all climate change is caused by c02"?
                      LOL.. wow. We were talking about carbon footprint and you only bring up C02 for a comparison between you and I. Hence, the reason for the question as to why that is the only issue you bring up. You may not have said it, but your kind love to lecture the resource heathens who consume guilt free. As stated, you all are everywhere and if you continue to be this way you aren't going to accomplish jack squat.
                      "Together we stand. Divided we fall." - Pink Floyd

My shit is straight...

Comment

• Comment

• Read it. From the comments:

If you're predisposed to hate electric cars, then there's a wonderful story making the rounds that'll support your worldview. It claims that the production of Tesla battery produces carbon emissions equivalent to driving an internal-combustion vehicle for eight years—8.2, to be precise.

That's a sensational claim, one that's been seized upon by EV haters and gleefully posted by climate change-denying blogs and sites that despise electric cars. Just one problem: It's absolute nonsense.

Comment

They do lose thousands of dollars on every car they produce though. So in another way it is quite unsustainable.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Read it. From the comments:
                              Good luck on conquering the opinions of heathen resource hogs with your faith based opinions in hopes of:
                              ... environmental superiority...

Comment

• I should have known that by the many pages that this wasn't about a movie anymore...
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X