No announcement yet.

Anyone know about Bitcoin or Ether?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question, when mining the coin, is that processing power just being used to crunch out the next coin? or is it being used for seti and/or similar distributed computuations

Comment

Apparently its handling transactions. So all these transactions are taking place all over the world, and you're setting up your computer to basically handle a bunch of those transactions for people. Something like that. And you get paid for your time, or rather your processing power. The more you process, the more you get paid.

That's why obviously all these "supercomputers" in china and everywhere else, are making the mining difficulty go up for some currencies such as bitcoin. They are handling a lot more, and are collecting the lion's share of the bitcoins that are available to be snagged each day. That's why I wanna find one that is starting to rise, but at this point has a low mining difficulty.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Unless you mine something else. Which one of the crypto currencies is something that is getting ready to go up? Its probably something that is around a $1-$3 per coin right now. You can exchange any of them for dollars. They're all trying to be the next bitcoin, and some of them like ether and litecoin and zcash aren't doing a bad job of it.

It looks to me like the success of bitcoin and a few others at the top, are going to drag some of the lower ones up with them. But which one is easy to mine right now?

Anyone got a current chart that lists all the crypto currency prices for today? I want to start mining one that is a dollar or two per coin. This would be about getting a bunch of coins for that currency be for the climb. They estimate that bitcoin will likely reach $10k per bitcoin by 2020. That means that it will likey drag the others that are doing ok, up with it. Just need to find one of those others, that's easy to mine at this time. One that has already shown that its got the potential to increase.

Anyone got a current chart that lists all the crypto currency prices for today?

EDIT here's one:

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

How do you think abecx got to be the wealthiest fucker on the planet?
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

He mined the shit out of bitcoins in 2009?
            WH

Comment

Mining is back in.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                Mining is back in.
                is it?

Comment

Please understand that these are NOT REAL CURRENCY. No matter how much lipstick they put on the pig. These are no different than comics books, sport memorabilia, or beanie babies. They are only worth something as long as people are actively trading in them. After that - their value drops like a stone.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                    Please understand that these are NOT REAL CURRENCY. No matter how much lipstick they put on the pig. These are no different than comics books, sport memorabilia, or beanie babies. They are only worth something as long as people are actively trading in them. After that - their value drops like a stone.
                    So its value is similar to regular currency, gold and silver, and basically anything else someone would use to barter with.

Comment

He mined the shit out of bitcoins in 2009?
                      I bought them. The only people that made money on miners were the ones making the shovels.

Comment

That's why obviously all these "supercomputers" in china and everywhere else, are making the mining difficulty go up for some currencies such as bitcoin. They are handling a lot more, and are collecting the lion's share of the bitcoins that are available to be snagged each day. That's why I wanna find one that is starting to rise, but at this point has a low mining difficulty.
                        Going with that, China is such a huge pusher because they are not allowed to invest in companies that are not Chinese. Therefore it behooves them to use this market to get outside the normal constraints placed upon them.

Also they arent using supercomputers, they are using ASIC processors, basically logic gates built from the silicon up to only do a singular task. You couldnt have them play doom 2 or anything like that.

Comment

Think I'm gonna try to do Lisk. Its a bit convoluted getting into some of these though. Need something I can mine relatively easily with the gaming rig. I know people are going out and buying "mining equipment" these days, but screw that lol
                          WH

Comment

Think I'm gonna try to do Lisk. Its a bit convoluted getting into some of these though. Need something I can mine relatively easily with the gaming rig. I know people are going out and buying "mining equipment" these days, but screw that lol

i really hate the lingo/slang!

mining equipment, shovels, mining pools
                            wallet, paper wallet, hybrid wallet
                            cryptocurrency
                            bear trap
                            dead cat bounce
                            candlestick charts
                            demurrage fees
                            fontas
                            blocks and wedges
                            weareken

Comment

I grabbed some Etherium at $215 earlier this morning

Comment

this new Forex-like service called coindata (www.coindata.io) which gives you potential buy signals. the ratio of wins to stop losses is pretty impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X