Dash cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash cam

Does anyone use a dash cam? I've been encountering more dumbasses by the day on my daily commute. Figured it might be a good idea to put one in the car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Yes. Too many lying shitbags. Have a Drift HD for the bike and a Napoer 1080 for the car. Cheap, but records good video.

Comment

Yes. Just started using it this week.
      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I keep them on my work trucks. They have ended any dispute about accidents several times and are well worth the money.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Thanks! I'll check out the napoer. Had some shit stain almost take off the front of my car today. Figured it was time for some extra insurance for when it finally happens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The drift is a good inexpensive camera, I use a gopro 4 black on my bike and in my truck. I'd like to have one of the setups that I install for my truck but $$$$.

Comment

Had one for almost two years. Cobra CDR 840, zero issues. Upload them manually to youtube, 1080p with time/date/gps. I use it in two trucks, hard wired one, cig port plug on the other. I've left it recording 24/7 without issue. Has lots of settings but I just plug and go, works great. Hell it's old now, cheap too. Might upgrade soon.

I don't leave home without it. It's a witness when you, or someone else might really need one.

Comment

Lea drives for work (in Arlington) so she got one a couple years ago. Hers is a lower end that I wouldn't necessarily recommend but it works. In fact she just captured an accident a couple weeks ago, and was able to provide a copy of the video to the "victim". It wasn't a major accident or anything but a guy in a box truck ran a red light, and you could clearly see he was at fault on the video.

Comment

I do but it's currently not in the car since I'm about to change cars. Suction cup mounts hold good but the video tends to suck as it bounces around more. A permanent mount to the windshield is better but the stickers they come with generally last 1 summer in the TX heat. I'm about to go to a tube mixture I got at Home Depot, so we'll see how that holds up.

Comment

I bought a Magellan first and it sucked so I took it back the same week. I then bought a Garmin NuviCam. Mounts like (suction cup) and is a GPS, but doubles as a dash cam. Major plug and play. I found it cheap online and Frys matched the price. I have caught all kinds of stuff on it, like people trying to drive on the ice but fail and hit something . I have avoided 2 fist fights by saying, " I have it on my dash cam." And i have been able to go back to see if i was an asshole a few times, too. Which ofcourse i was not. Anyway it looks like this

Comment

^Yep. Garmin Nuvi makes a GPS/Dash Cam unit. Best overall solution IMO. Really like the live traffic updates.

Comment

I like that gps/cam combo. Been thinking about upgrading our gps, or really just getting a new one and throwing the old one in my truck. This week's theme for idiots driving is not merging onto the highway properly. Twice so far (it is only tuesday morning) had them try to to merge while doing 45mph or so. It is like they think the entire highway is supposed to adapt to them instead of the other way around. Anyway it had me thinking about a dash cam.
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          I like that gps/cam combo. Been thinking about upgrading our gps, or really just getting a new one and throwing the old one in my truck. This week's theme for idiots driving is not merging onto the highway properly. Twice so far (it is only tuesday morning) had them try to to merge while doing 45mph or so. It is like they think the entire highway is supposed to adapt to them instead of the other way around. Anyway it had me thinking about a dash cam.
                          I deal with this shit every single day. Usually around Caddo Mills on I-30 headed towards Greenville. I absolutely love the fucktards who think it is ok to come to a complete stop on the on ramp.

Comment

Blackvue DR650S is what I use...cool gadget.

Comment

I've had one for about two years now. Really helps add piece of mind for me. I got hit a few years ago totaled my truck PD got called out driver didn't have a drivers license or insurance in his name they let him drive off no ticket or anything. He filed on my insurance saying I hit him even tho he said to the police he hit me had to jump through hoops to get my insurance to side with me. His aunts insurance who's car he was driving said they are taking fault but would t pay cause he didn't live with her and it was limited liability insurance. Tried to get a lawyer to sue them and couldn't find one that felt we could win cause I wasn't injured. Finally just took the hit bought a dash cam and a few months later got hit again by some dumb ass kid. He had a license and insurance but filed on my insurance I told them I have video showing him pull out in traffic they denied him his claim I filed on him told them the same I have video the had me send it in and I got paid and my car got fixed. Ever since then I put a camera in all my cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X