Darvish to Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darvish to Dodgers

DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) – The Texas Rangers have traded Yu Darvish to the Los Angeles Dodgers just time expired on Monday’s trade deadline, according to multiple reports.

It’s not known what the Rangers have received in the deal.

With Texas 5 1/2 games back in the wildcard race, the Rangers ultimately decided to trade their ace.

In his six seasons in Texas, Darvish went 53-39 with a 3.42 ERA, striking out 960 hitters in 782.2 innings pitched.

The right-hander missed the entire 2015 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery. He returned to the mound in 2016 and went 7-5 with a 3.41 ERA.

Darvish has had an up and down 2017 season to this point. He currently holds a 4.01 ERA, although that number jumped nearly half a point after he allowed 10 earned runs to the Miami Marlins in his most recent start. The Japanese native is 6-9 this season but hasn’t gotten any run support from Rangers’ hitters. The Texas offense averages 3.4 runs per Darvish start, which is tied for the third lowest among qualifying starting pitchers.

This is a developing news story. Refresh for the latest details.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

We hardly knew Yu

Comment

Well at least we got three prospects, when at the end of the year we would have gotten nothing, good riddance...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

He's obviously a talented pitcher but he's also about to be 31 and is still recovering from Tommy John. It'd be tough to stomach giving him $25 million for 4-5 years.

The 3 guys we got are probably a whole lot better than what we'd get from a compensation draft pick. That and I'd assume the Dodgers are taking on his salary so it saved us $5 million or so already.

Comment

Rangers got Calhoun who's #4 prospect with the Dodgers. Alexy who's a pitcher was #17 and forgot the other but he was #27.

The only thing that was annoying for the trade deadline was trading away Lucroy and Jeffress. We basically traded away Lewis Brinson for nothing last year.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            He's obviously a talented pitcher but he's also about to be 31 and is still recovering from Tommy John. It'd be tough to stomach giving him $25 million for 4-5 years.

The 3 guys we got are probably a whole lot better than what we'd get from a compensation draft pick. That and I'd assume the Dodgers are taking on his salary so it saved us $5 million or so already.
            If you got dravish for 25 million 4 years is a bargain

Comment

I have such mixed feelings about this. On the one hand we lost our "Ace" pitcher. But on the other hand he had his moments and those moments seemed to cost the Rangers at the worst times. Just what I saw. If this trade benefits the Rangers then it was an amazing move. If it doesn't then it's all fucked anyways, like this season seems to be. *sigh*

Comment

"We're not pleased with the trade," Beltre told the Dallas Morning News. "I don't think we are completely sold on the situation being [hopeless] for this year. It was a tough situation.

"I know he's going to be a free agent and they were trying to get something. I try to understand the business side of it and I understand what they are doing, but on the baseball side you are not happy. That doesn't matter. That's not going to change our mentality."

Beltre added that if the Rangers signal they don't plan to contend in 2018, either, it will affect whether he wants to remain in Texas to finish his career.

"Yes, it absolutely would change my mind," he said. "At this stage of my career, I'm not here for a rebuild. I don't think it will be. I think there is a possibility of this team playing better. I'm still focused on this year and don't want to think about it right now, but it would change things for me."

Asked Tuesday if he views the Rangers as being in rebuild mode, president of baseball operations and general manager Jon Daniels said: "I don't see it that way at all."
                2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
                2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

I dont watch a lot of baseball but I try to follow it as much as I can. From what I've seen Yu Darvish seemed to be a moments only pitcher, not someone you could build a club around. Almost like having Nolan Ryan around in his mid 40's. Is that assumption correct?

Either way I hate to see such a staple of the team let go so quietly, albeit I understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                    If you got dravish for 25 million 4 years is a bargain
                    Pretty sure he means $25 million a year for 4 years

He's good but he's not great. He's not worth what they paid for him (in terms of on field results) but he's still better than most of the spares they've run through during his time here
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                      I dont watch a lot of baseball but I try to follow it as much as I can. From what I've seen Yu Darvish seemed to be a moments only pitcher, not someone you could build a club around. Almost like having Nolan Ryan around in his mid 40's. Is that assumption correct?

Either way I hate to see such a staple of the team let go so quietly, albeit I understand why.
                      No Nolan was way better in his 40s than Darvish ever will.

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Nolan Ryan. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        No Nolan was way better in his 40s than Darvish ever will.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...ryanno01.shtml
                        You're absolutely right. It always pissed me off that even though we had HUGE names back then, we couldn't muster a fucking World Series run together.

I just meant Ryan had his moments too towards the end of his career, not to compare the two in talent.

Comment

Darvish has great stuff but he has yet to be a great pitcher. I think he'll step up his game in LA for a bunch of reasons. Playing with another pitcher from Osaka is going to help a lot. Not having the pressure of being the ace will also help, heck he doesn't even have to be the best Japanese pitcher anymore.

Comment

Darvish on the DL again. Good riddance.

Comment

Ha!
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X