Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for groomsmen gifts...knives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    now? My dad got remarried 25 years ago and gave his groomsmen gifts.
    Never heard of it. Growing up in a down south, hellfire and brimstone church I've been to more weddings than most. Didn't have a choice. Probably why I really won't go to them now lol. What a waste.

Same thing for funerals, been to way too many. I told them don't spend a penny more than you have to on me. Don't even buy plywood, stuff me in a cardboard box you get for free from the back of some store. Then a shallow grave, don't even spend too much energy digging it. Maybe throw some big rocks on top so my bones don't eventually show up somewhere, but nothing else.

And I hate christmas too. Bah humbug

WH

Comment

I did personalized knives as well, I don't remember where I got them from, I do remember they weren't total crap, but they probably weren't top quality either. I looked at it more as a keep sake type thing than an EDC.

You can probably find someone local who will laser engrave them rather inexpensively and save you some money in trying to find them sent to you already personalized. This would free up some $$$ for the knife itself
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Worst gift - a flask with your wedding date on it. a couple years later I genuinely don't give a fuck when your anniversary is, and half of the marriages are over already.

got a decent old school pocket knife for the last wedding I was in, not a bad gift but not something i'll carry every day either.

best gift was a pair of Oakley flak jackets and my groomsman outfit paid for - that was for a wedding in Hawaii so after paying airfare and lodging it was kind of the least they could do to help out. I still have the glasses and use them daily.

If/when we get married i'll pay for the costs associated with the groomsmen. nothing worse than being asked to participate in a wedding and having to foot the bill for some ugly ass rental, airfare, transportation, lodging, etc..

Comment

Seriously.. I got a gift in the wedding I was in, but would have preferred he just pay for my tux. lol

It's even worse for bridesmaids since they don't even get to rent the dress. Not that anyone would ask, but other than best man and maid / matron of honor, who the fuck really wants to be in a wedding party, especially when it's going to cost them a couple hundy..?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Seriously.. I got a gift in the wedding I was in, but would have preferred he just pay for my tux. lol

It's even worse for bridesmaids since they don't even get to rent the dress. Not that anyone would ask, but other than best man and maid / matron of honor, who the fuck really wants to be in a wedding party, especially when it's going to cost them a couple hundy..?
            Yup - open bar doesn't hurt either.

Comment

I heard about grooms buying suits/tuxes for groomsmen after my wedding, and would have absolutely done that over the flasks we bought. Especially when I learned you can buy a tux for about a hundo
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Tux rental for the last wedding I was in was $240 from mens warehouse, I don't know much about tuxes but it just looked like a normal one to me.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                  Tux rental for the last wedding I was in was $240 from mens warehouse, I don't know much about tuxes but it just looked like a normal one to me.
                  That sounds way higher than normal. In fact, last time I rented a tux it was also from Men's Warehouse, and I don't recall it being more than $100. In fact, it seems like it was less than that.

I just think it's shitty that the groom / bride decide they want friends to be in their wedding party, then the friends get stuck paying for for the privilege...

Comment

The wedding I was in was $240 as well for rental.. I joke about the socks being my $240 pair since that's all I got out of the deal.

Comment

Here's what I got from the last wedding where I was the best man:

Comment

So there you go guys.. Quit being the dick that makes his friends spend all kinds of money to be in your wedding, that is really for your chick, not for you. We don't care anyhow, outside of the bachelor party.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          The wedding I was in was $240 as well for rental.. I joke about the socks being my $240 pair since that's all I got out of the deal.
                          When I rented last it wasn't for a wedding. Maybe that's the scam. If they know it's a 'groomsman' tux then they more than double the cost.

All because bitches and their stupid fucking princess fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            Here's what I got from the last wedding where I was the best man:

I shipped a co-workers wedding gift knife to who knows where by accident a few years back. Used it to cut a band, left it on top of the pallet and into the truck it went. I realized it like 5 hours later.

Oops.

Comment

Looks like I found the knife. An HK P30 knife. Decent knife. I have been in several weddings and never gotten a very good gift. I wanted to make sure I at the very least got a good gift for them. Yeah the Tux rentals are a bit pricey at $240 but my 3 guys didn't care. Also getting them .50bmg bottle openers and maybe 30mm case shot glasses.
                              Originally posted by Marisa
                              we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                                Looks like I found the knife. An HK P30 knife. Decent knife. I have been in several weddings and never gotten a very good gift. I wanted to make sure I at the very least got a good gift for them. Yeah the Tux rentals are a bit pricey at $240 but my 3 guys didn't care. Also getting them .50bmg bottle openers and maybe 30mm case shot glasses.
                                Of course they aren't going to tell you they care. I'd still rather not have to for a tux than end up with a knife I might not use and other novelty items.

Comment

Working...
                                X