Matador Meat & Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matador Meat & Wine

Small meat and wine shop at 121 and Preston right behind Five Guys.

I know a few people are in the area and may want to check it out. They've got a fairly good selection of meats from select/choice/prime. There are also have many different sausages form buffalo chicken, blue cheese and mushroom, chicken and parmeasan (bought a few) and more. They usually carry grain and grass fed beef, but the drought here is hurting their grass fed so they aren't stocking it.

Nice place with decent prices and friendly as anything.

Wine selection is around 75 brands of mostly smaller vineyards from CA/OR/WA.

I'm stupid when is comes to all the types of meats etc so they take the time to work with you and find something to fit your need. Groupon had a deal for $20 for $40 worth of food so I had a good excuse.

Free wine tastings every Tuesday from 4:30 until about 7pm. They cook up meats or serve cheese depending on the wines.
    Last edited by AdamLX; 08-12-2011, 12:48 PM.

Does anybody actually like grass fed beef more than grain?

I purchased half a grass fed cow once and the steaks weren't that great, but the hamburger meat was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
      Does anybody actually like grass fed beef more than grain?

I purchased half a grass fed cow once and the steaks weren't that great, but the hamburger meat was excellent.
      I have no opinion either way, but by some of the posts here I'm sure someone will be able to elaborate on it as I'm curious too.

Comment

Working...
      X