No display after build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No display after build

Nephew helping build me a light gaming machine because I'm old and out of touch with the PC tech details. We had some MOBO issues initially and determined bad board (ASUS).

New MOBO installed today but can't get anything to display to see bios.

Where to start after some initial troubleshooting?

Specs:
    Mobo:Gigabyte H110MS2H LGA1151
    RAM: (2) 8GB sticks DDR4 DIMM
    Graphics: GEFORCE GTX1160
    Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1151
    Processor Fan: be quiet! DARK ROCK 3 SilentWings CPU Cooler 190W TDP
    Drive: Kingston SSDNow UV400 2.5" 240GB SATA III TLC
    PS: be quiet! PURE POWER 10-CM 600W
    other case fans

Not to sound "bad" but are you sure you're connecting via the gpu(Nvidia card) and not the on board video?

Comment

I've had that problem before. Do you have another video card you can plug in there, just to make sure that your card isn't dead?

Also check and make 100% sure that the monitor cable is plugged into the monitor well.

Also get another monitor cable and use that instead of the one you're currently trying to use. iirc for some reason, something just didn't like the monitor cable I was using. Maybe it was dead, I dunno. But when I switched to a different cable, it worked.
      WH

Comment

plug the monitor cable into the onboard video first. Maybe the bios has a setting that needs to be turned on to use the video card

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          Not to sound "bad" but are you sure you're connecting via the gpu(Nvidia card) and not the on board video?
          Yes, initially the monitor was plugged into the gpu. We have also tried the onboard video and neither yielded any results.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            I've had that problem before. Do you have another video card you can plug in there, just to make sure that your card isn't dead?

Also check and make 100% sure that the monitor cable is plugged into the monitor well.

Also get another monitor cable and use that instead of the one you're currently trying to use. iirc for some reason, something just didn't like the monitor cable I was using. Maybe it was dead, I dunno. But when I switched to a different cable, it worked.
            Both the gpu and the cpu have been tested in other builds, and I know that they work. I have also already tried using a different cable and different monitor. I have double checked to make sure everything is plugged up where it needs to be.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Where are you located?
                Midlothian

Comment

Post a picture of the mobo, the ram in its slots, the 24pin, cpu 4/8pin and gpu power connections.

Comment

Also, make a quick vid of what happens when you try to boot.

Comment

Post a picture of the mobo, the ram in its slots, the 24pin, cpu 4/8pin and gpu power connections.
                      Is there an email I can send pics to?. The only thing I used use was photobucket to link for forum pics and it appears that no longer works.

Comment

If you have a Google account, you can upload them to your Google Photos account for free, create an album and link it here. Thatd be the best.

Comment

If you have a Google account, you can upload them to your Google Photos account for free, create an album and link it here. Thatd be the best.
                          See if this works
                          Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like jacobcwilliamson1981.
                          Last edited by 95DRGT; 08-13-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

From these pics, you have vga on mobo and something on the gpu, at the same time. Do you have a vid of what happens at post? Does it beep, any lights, fans spin up?

Comment

From these pics, you have vga on mobo and something on the gpu, at the same time. Do you have a vid of what happens at post? Does it beep, any lights, fans spin up?
                              fans spin, lights on MOBO and GPU, no beep, monitor says 'check signal cable'. We have tried multiple cable VGA to VGA, HDMI to VGA from both MOBO and GPU. All components have been tested as working in other machines so we are at a loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X