Fred's BBQ Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred's BBQ Fans

Posting as a public service. Fred's BBQ is closing at the end of the month, should any of you want to stop in one last time. It's a shitty situation and always sad to see such a staple like them close after 36 years.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Damnit. Go snag a fully loaded potato for me

Comment

Henry was telling me about this. What's the story on why they are closing? Never been a big fan of their 'Que but I always hate to see a place like that close down after being around so long.

Comment

Never been but seen it mentioned here a few times.

Never seen a baked potato done like this all soupy like. I'll definitely attempt to make it out there before the grand finale for one these spuds. More than likely with extra sour cream and cheese.

Comment

The potatoes are ridiculous. Get it with everything and bring your appetite

Comment

Shit man, really? That sucks. I'll make a point to roll out there soon.

FYI - the Smoke Pit in Ft Worth is supposed to close some time in April. Technically I think they are moving up the street to the (recently closed) Sammie's BBQ on Belknap, but I haven't seen enough activity at that location to think they are going to be ready for a move.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Henry was telling me about this. What's the story on why they are closing? Never been a big fan of their 'Que but I always hate to see a place like that close down after being around so long.
              It's a mess. When the Owner passed away, the CO was in his name. His wife (Queenie) was trying to get everything switched over, but the City wanted things brought up to code, which was going to be in excess of $100,000. Additionally, the landlord was going to double rent at this renewal. Just too much for a Mom & Pop to absorb at once.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                It's a mess. When the Owner passed away, the CO was in his name. His wife (Queenie) was trying to get everything switched over, but the City wanted things brought up to code, which was going to be in excess of $100,000. Additionally, the landlord was going to double rent at this renewal. Just too much for a Mom & Pop to absorb at once.
                Man that sucks. Never like to hear that happen to any business, especially one that has been around that long. I was hoping to hear that maybe the owner was retiring I'll make it a point to stop by there maybe tomorrow. Hadn't had a baked potato in a really long time.

Comment

Damn, that's fucked up. That place has been there since I can remember, that's too bad. I will go and get a Tater.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                  X