Teach a Woman to be Accountable in 5 Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teach a Woman to be Accountable in 5 Steps

One of the things this man mentioned really stood out to me. My friend and his wife went to couples counseling some years back and his wife would go ape shit and insist that they find a new counselor. Why you ask? Because she said that my friend was charming the counselors because they kept saying that my friend did not have a problem and that his wife was the one who had issues to work through. After the 3rd counselor told her "What is your problem? I would take him in a heart beat" about my friend she decided to stop going to counseling.

I have another buddy who ran into similar issues before finally getting a divorce.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This guy nails it. My now ex-wife insisted we go to one, she picked a female one thinking she would side with her. Session was 15 minutes together, 15 each and 15 together. First 15 minutes the ex did nothing but bitch about me. She went first 15, then I went. The first thing the lady said to me was " why are you still with her" and I busted out laughing. We spent the next 14 minutes bullshitting. The final 15, counselor said there's nothing wrong with me but she wanted to see ex again. Man, she blew up. All the way home she was raising hell about how I tricked the counselor to like me. I reminded her that she picked her. Once home I started my plan to leave that bitch and am alot happier now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        I would take him in a heart beat"
        Sounds like the guy should have ditched the wife and asked the councilor out. Unless... it was a man..

Unless, the guy was naynay..
        WH

Comment

interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Sounds like the guy should have ditched the wife and asked the councilor out. Unless... it was a man..

Unless, the guy was naynay..
            From what he said the counselor was a hot bitch and he nearly feel out of his chair when she said that. He is still married and is a surgeon. The only time he gets to "Play" is when he comes into town and hangs out with me. I will normally have someone lined up for him or we will double up on my gal.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              From what he said the counselor was a hot bitch and he nearly feel out of his chair when she said that. He is still married and is a surgeon. The only time he gets to "Play" is when he comes into town and hangs out with me. I will normally have someone lined up for him or we will double up on my gal.
              One of these days I'm going to learn my lesson
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                One of these days I'm going to learn my lesson
                I was not there when it happened but I believe that he did not walk on his wife because they already had a kid at that point and he was not out of medical school yet.

Comment

Same here....Marital issues with the 2nd wife, I was ALWAYS the one in the wrong.
                  Went to a counselor -who after interviewing us separate and together told her she was in the wrong.
                  No more counseling after that.
                  Divorce not too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                    Same here....Marital issues with the 2nd wife, I was ALWAYS the one in the wrong.
                    Went to a counselor -who after interviewing us separate and together told her she was in the wrong.
                    No more counseling after that.
                    Divorce not too much longer.
                    Did you learn your lesson after the second time?

Comment

My wife really had that problem, it took some time for her to realize to be a human and to have proper interactions with other people, and to make life more fruitful, sometimes the only thing you have to say is I'm sorry.

She would say phrases like, I'm sorry you misheard me, or I'm sorry I hurt your feelings

My wife is a staunch Republican and raised in the curch her whole life, when the church's couple's counselor gently suggested readings for her to understand how men work she started getting better at adjusting to life in general. The book I was given was understanding how to support her, and the changes she needed to work on. The titles of the books never say, how to make your wife not be a bitch, it's general enough you both understand you're working on the relationship not yourselves

It's not a.gender specific trait, many different races and genders have the absolute distinction they could never be wrong and their life is all some one else's fault

If your counselor is calling out your wife in the first session you need to see a new one. The counselor never called out blame, it's a marriage not two separate people.

TLDR:
                      Counselor should give you both areas to work on separately. How to listen and understand is always the first topic. You can't imagine how huge it is that my wife can actually describe the phrasing that hurt her in how I said something, instead of just blowing up and calling me a bastard. When she sees I recognize her hurt and make a point to change it genuinely helps our relationship.

Comment

I'm not built to take the stuff some guys put up with. Although you can't really get a sense of the situation via text.
                        WH

Comment

This thread is starting to spin because of all the gayness.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Did you learn your lesson after the second time?
                            Went several years single, having a blast. Stumbled across the woman who I have been married to for 18 years, living together for 23.

To answer your question, YES, I did learn my lesson. I never ignored the signs of crazy or superbitch after the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              ...because of all the gayness.
                              In what way?
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X