Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering used Ford Edge 2016 or newer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering used Ford Edge 2016 or newer.

Looking at replacing my wife's Hyundai SUV with something a bit larger. Ford Edge is a top contender. We will be looking at used models probably 2016 up and below 25k miles. Any things to watch out for and common issues that would be an issue later down the road? Any help would be appreciated.

My 2013 Edge has been very dependable... no real problems to report at 52000 miles.... there are several small annoyances that drive me crazy though:

1. The horrible "touch sensitive" controls embedded in the center "stack" have thankfully been eliminated in later models I believe.
    2. The damn (full blown) horn honks twice when you exit the running vehicle with the keys in your pocket... I know where my keys are... STFU!
    3. The display menu and options are slightly difficult to navigate to get the exact dash display that I want.
    4. The Microsoft Sync system is frustrating as well...
    5. Auto turn signal flashes only 3 times (should be 5 -7 times and it should be on a selectable menu similar to the Hyundai)

Other than that, I really like mine pretty good.

EcoB 4 cylinder has plenty o' power and gets good fuel mileage

mardyn
    Last edited by mardyn; 05-14-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

We have a 15 edge sport 2.7 ecoboost 55,000 miles. Been in once to have the oil pan changed out due to it leaking and the big ass sun roof stuck open. Both covered under warranty. Its been year half since with no more issues.

Comment

My wife is having the moonroof issues but is probably out of warranty. How was it fixed?

Comment

They said it was debris in the track. Not sure if they just cleaned it or replaced parts. I will have to see if i can find the receipt

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
            4. The Microsoft Sync system is frustrating as well...
            2016+ can support Android Auto if it's 3.0. It'll also do Carplay but you need a new USB adapter with the Apple chip in it. Either will be way better than Sync.

A dealer should be able to disable the horn honk feature as well. You just need to find one willing to disable a safety feature. http://www.fordpimods.com/double-horn-honk.html

Comment

I know this doesn't apply to the specifics of the thread, but I just wanted to bitch.

My wife has a 2010 Edge and she loves it, but the Microsoft/SYNC system sucks on Satan's ballsack. It's the F'n worst POS ever. There, I said it. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by one slow 5.0 View Post
                We have a 15 edge sport 2.7 ecoboost 55,000 miles. Been in once to have the oil pan changed out due to it leaking and the big ass sun roof stuck open. Both covered under warranty. Its been year half since with no more issues.
                I test drove a left over '17 Edge Sport with the 2.7 V-6 EB and it seemed sluggish, maybe because of the added weight and AWD.
                I had rented a Lincoln MKX with the 3.7 V-6 FWD for a week and my wife really liked it. So I went to test drive a Edge since its basically the same thing and save $10-$15k. After test driving the Edge Sport, if I did buy one, it would probably be the Edge Titanium with the 3.5 V-6 in FWD, in the MKX that thing hauled ass and was very quick, it seemed quicker than the 2.7 EB AWD in my opinion. You can also have more colors and interior options than the Edge Sport, (Sport has limited exterior colors and only Black leather with Suede inserts).
                Though I just might lease a MKX because it was way nicer than the Edge, we miss having a 4-door car with a trunk and having 3 mustangs can be challenging at times.
                Last edited by Rick Modena; 05-14-2018, 01:01 PM.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Sync 3 is awesome. I was super impressed.

Comment

You just need to find one willing to disable a safety feature. http://www.fordpimods.com/double-horn-honk.html

Nice to know there's an option.... I can't imagine many dealers would be willing to assist in such a task though.

mardyn

Comment

IMO you can't beat the value, and dependability of Subaru.

We drove a shit load of suvs, the outback and the toyota highlander were our favorites

Comment

I don't know how much bigger if any the Explorer is, but i love the new ones. I almost got one, but opted for an F150. Have you looked into them?

Comment

The explorer is decently bigger but the 3rd row means the back seat isnt as roomy as the edge. I just traded an explorer for an f150 and the wife drives an edge.

Comment

Edge is also less expensive than the Exploder. We had a 2007 and it was uglier, but a great suv.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                              You just need to find one willing to disable a safety feature. http://www.fordpimods.com/double-horn-honk.html

Nice to know there's an option.... I can't imagine many dealers would be willing to assist in such a task though.

mardyn
                              Something like this might help.
                              I had a good friend over for a big family dinner and after everyone left he started talking about some changes he made to his new F150. He downloaded a program called "Forscan" and purchased a Bluetooth plug-in device that allowed linking a laptop/Forscan to the various control modules in the...

Comment

Working...
                              X