It's 4k time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roliath View Post
    The ACX is better than the reference cooler that's for damn sure, but I know its louder under load. I can't recall what my 770 had (acx 2.0 or 1.0), so i'm basing it off that.

Those 6G's are the fastest partly due to the cooler (plus its quiet as fuck).
    When the MSI Titan X landed many consumers drooled over the thought of the Maxwell (GM200-400) architecture 'unleashed'. Sadly not everyone can afford the

You can always look into the AIO cooler EVGA makes. If I can ever catch that motherfucker in stock I plan on ordering one for my Titan.
    They said they are getting a lot more out of production in the next month. They are literally gone in less than 30 seconds through the evga store.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
      They said they are getting a lot more out of production in the next month. They are literally gone in less than 30 seconds through the evga store.
      Absolute horseshit!

But it goes to show how bad these cards need it. That solution is perfect for most people if you have the space.

I can never catch it quick enough when i get the email.

Comment

Just wait for stock. By the time you get the email they will be gone. I'm running a scripter for the past 2 weeks and I've seen them in stock twice and literally are gone before I can complete the transaction lol.

Thinking of just getting real blocks and the swiftech h220x openable aio and just loop the gpus through it but that's$ 600-700 vs $200 for SLI.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
          Just wait for stock. By the time you get the email they will be gone. I'm running a scripter for the past 2 weeks and I've seen them in stock twice and literally are gone before I can complete the transaction lol.

Thinking of just getting real blocks and the swiftech h220x openable aio and just loop the gpus through it but that's$ 600-700 vs $200 for SLI.
          For 600/700 you could pay for an entire custom gpu/cpu loop.

Comment

yea I'm still weighing the options. I just really like the swiftech and its pretty damn powerful. Hoping for 25c idle and 40-45c load.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-H220-X-Liquid-CPU-Cooler/dp/B00ORWL3WG[/ame]

kind of like this.

Last edited by FunFordCobra; 07-23-2015, 11:04 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

returned the asus 4k screen for one with gsync. Too much screen tearing.

Going back to my 22" 1080p screen is like staring at a postage stamp. Man, I have no idea how much worse 1080p gaming was compared to 4k when it comes to clarity, wow.
              Last edited by CJ; 07-27-2015, 01:42 PM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                returned the asus 4k screen for one with gsync. Too much screen tearing.

Going back to my 22" 1080p screen is like staring at a postage stamp. Man, I have no idea how much worse 1080p gaming was compared to 4k when it comes to clarity, wow.
                aint that the truth!

I installed w10, and it handles hi-dpi screens much much much better although some programs still have issues (photoshop).

Comment

This is an uncompressed 4k screenshot (25mb)

4k @ 60fps solid when I went to win 10, HUGE difference. I'd have to say this is honestly the most impressive bump in visual experience I've ever experienced in the last 20 years. Totally worth the price of entry.
                  Last edited by CJ; 08-09-2015, 10:37 PM.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Building a Gaming PC.

So the last Time I've built a computer was in 1999. And haven't kept in touch with the PC tech world at all since then.

For tha last three or four days I've been reading up as much as I can. Trying to figure which parts to get that fit my needs. Not looking to go overboard trying to keep the build cost around $1k. I've looked at bunch of cases today at fries in the micro and center. So I think I know what case I want The only two things I'm not sure of is the actual Cpu and the motherboard I should get??

Pretty much just going to play simulators and Rpg's. I'm overwhelmed with the choices right now if someone can steer me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Sorry CJ I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Just figured I'd ask here instead of making a new one.
                    Last edited by soap; 08-10-2015, 05:39 PM.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

You can build a decent system for that price. but you would need to pinch pennies. I would recommend an intel i5 system with a 970. I'm sure a few others could chime in that have a better grip on the cost there.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        You can build a decent system for that price. but you would need to pinch pennies. I would recommend an intel i5 system with a 970. I'm sure a few others could chime in that have a better grip on the cost there.
                        The i5 and 970 is what I'm actually looking at now. The X99 looks awesome though.

How about video cards do I really need two? And sound card?

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                          The i5 and 970 is what I'm actually looking at now. The X99 looks awesome though.

depends on the resolution, I would aim for 1080p because of your budget. I actually have a EVGA GTX 970 SSC I'm trying to sell right now.

Comment

I might try another one of these after I make the move to Colorado in a few months.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post

You don't need two video cards. With an i5 you will never get the full benefit, plus SLI is a pain in the ass. I have an i7, GTX 970, 8 GB RAM system, and it plays most newer titles at 1080p 60 FPS. It was about 1200 all said and done not including hard drive(s), operating system, and monitor. As far as a sound card, you don't really need one of those as long as you get a decent motherboard, unless you're planning on connecting it to a surround sound system of some sort. I'd save the money and ditch the sound card.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                                You don't need two video cards. With an i5 you will never get the full benefit, plus SLI is a pain in the ass. I have an i7, GTX 970, 8 GB RAM system, and it plays most newer titles at 1080p 60 FPS. It was about 1200 all said and done not including hard drive(s), operating system, and monitor. As far as a sound card, you don't really need one of those as long as you get a decent motherboard, unless you're planning on connecting it to a surround sound system of some sort. I'd save the money and ditch the sound card.
                                Ok kool. I don't want Surroundsound anyway.

🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X