Goku vs Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goku vs Superman

Seems like we touched on this debate in several different threads, but never really got into it. So I think it'd be quite alright to nerd out for a bit on this one. I'm personally of the opinion that Goku would crush Superman like a bug, but there are a couple of popular youtube videos where superman wins, and some others where he loses. It seems to me that superman was defeated in battle by Doomsday, who was throwing mere punches that Goku would take to the unblinking eye and not even... well blink.

The only reason Doomsday didn't finish him, is he thought he was dead and he'd beaten him anyway. At least that's what it looks like to me. If he'd just kept it up, he'd have killed him. Darkside also would have likely given superman more trouble than he could handle. Thoughts? Opinions? I know we've got fans from both sides around here, so lets hear it
    WH

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Seems like we touched on this debate in several different threads, but never really got into it. So I think it'd be quite alright to nerd out for a bit on this one. I'm personally of the opinion that Goku would crush Superman like a bug, but there are a couple of popular youtube videos where superman wins, and some others where he loses. It seems to me that superman was defeated in battle by Doomsday, who was throwing mere punches that Goku would take to the unblinking eye and not even... well blink.

The only reason Doomsday didn't finish him, is he thought he was dead and he'd beaten him anyway. At least that's what it looks like to me. If he'd just kept it up, he'd have killed him. Darkside also would have likely given superman more trouble than he could handle. Thoughts? Opinions? I know we've got fans from both sides around here, so lets hear it

Doesn't doomsday die too from fighting Supes? I haven't read that in years, but I'm pretty sure they both died from that fight. But doomsday is a bad ass character, given that he was made on Krypton its no wonder he was evenly matched to go head to head with Supes.

Comment

Eventually superman beat him, with some help. It also seems he never actually killed superman, only damn near killed him. Put him in a coma. Doomsday had something of a beastial mentality, so he didn't finish the job. He just beat him till he quit moving. There are a lot of the cartoons on Netflix. If they're still on there. That's where I finally got to see the doomsday fight.

And i can't remember where doomsday came from, but I wanna say it was a primordial planet that was like an early krypton, but wasn't actually krypton. He was created there by some alien, which he later killed
      Last edited by Gasser64; 07-29-2015, 10:27 AM.
      WH

Comment

So there's another super hero movie coming out?

Comment

Seen the videos myself and I also agree that Goku would whip his ass. There are 3 videos of Supes vs Hulk that are pretty good also.

Comment

In the original comic, both doomsday and Superman 'die'. Both eventually come back too.

Goku doesn't have a shot at Supes. Just my .02.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Seen the videos myself and I also agree that Goku would whip his ass. There are 3 videos of Supes vs Hulk that are pretty good also.
              See to me, hulk vs superman is a much better, more even fight. Goku is just far and away a different character. Adding up the numbers on his power level as per the rating system in dbz, Goku could technically summon enough power to destroy the whole galaxy at his last point in the timeline. Where as superman is getting all his power from a single star in that same galaxy.
              WH

Comment

I agree on the hulk

This img still cracks me up and I know it has been talked about on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  See to me, hulk vs superman is a much better, more even fight. Goku is just far and away a different character. Adding up the numbers on his power level as per the rating system in dbz, Goku could technically summon enough power to destroy the whole galaxy at his last point in the timeline. Where as superman is getting all his power from a single star in that same galaxy.
                  oohhhh good point. Imagine the power of Goku's Spirit Bomb when it is drawing power from Superman.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                    oohhhh good point. Imagine the power of Goku's Spirit Bomb when it is drawing power from Superman.
                    The power in a Spirit Bomb has to be given freely why would Superman allow that.
                    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

I agree with this. I have changed sides on the subject.
                      Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
                        I agree with this. I have changed sides on the subject.
                        I know they don't speak with any real authority on the subject, but I still say they're missing some real big points that would dramatically affect the battle. in the newer vid, they're clearly just trolling, due to the response of their older one. Their older one was pretty clear that they had little knowledge of either series, and it was before they decided to go full on troll.

They don't even come close to understanding Goku. Goku would never act that way, would never say any of that stuff. So on that basis alone, I think both of their vids should be discounted. It would go a lot more like:

Goku: Hey you look pretty strong, care for a fight?

Supe: A fight? Why would you want to do that? /concern

Goku: Well I'm always training and trying to stay at the very top of my game. I guess it wouldn't be a real fight, just one to see who's stronger.

Super: Oh, ok. Well I guess I've got time for a few rounds, but then I need to be getting back. I've got work/city to take care of.

Goku:Ok that sounds fair to me!

At this point both characters now know that who they're dealing with isn't someone who is evil, and neither one would want to do any real damage to the other.

:Fight:

Both characters: Well we'll have to do that again sometime. Goodbye!

Their demeanor is completely and utterly wrong in both vids. Its like they've never even seen DBZ or most of superman, which really wouldn't surprise me. Neither character would EVER endanger the earth, both would give their own life to protect it. So if it ever got that far, they'd both just stop fighting right then and there. I have absolutely no faith in either video. They're just way too flawed in many ways.
                        WH

Comment

Who can make a better dumbbell rack: Superman or Goku? I wonder...
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                            Who can make a better dumbbell rack: Superman or Goku? I wonder...
                            You still concerned about that? That thing has been set up and in use for nearly a month now lol
                            WH

Comment

Working...
                            X