DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 02-26-2016, 05:02 PM   #21
Torinoman
when I get around to it

I ordered parts from Speedway motors and Summit on Wednesday. Both showed up today using the standard free shipping option.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2
Torinoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #22
Mach1
rm -rf /

Jegs is returning my tire durometer, no hassle
Old 02-26-2016, 10:56 PM   #23
4king
---E

The only parts website I've ever had problems with has been rock auto. Their customer service policy is send it back so we can see if there was really a problem. Shipment never delivered? There's literally no refunds or reimbursement since they need to have am item returned to issue a refund

Amazon is one of the best for the common parts and they have a growing number of parts in prime shipping

Last edited by 4king; 02-26-2016 at 11:02 PM.
4king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:11 AM   #24
Torinoman
when I get around to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4king View Post
The only parts website I've ever had problems with has been rock auto. Their customer service policy is send it back so we can see if there was really a problem. Shipment never delivered? There's literally no refunds or reimbursement since they need to have am item returned to issue a refund

Amazon is one of the best for the common parts and they have a growing number of parts in prime shipping
Amazon pricing isn't the greatest. You have to hunt for deals on the site and then gamble on non prime suppliers. I can usually find better deals for the same parts outside Amazon.

For instance, I just ordered a full 460 gasket set from summit for 10 bucks less than Amazon. Got here in two days with free shipping. Would have to have a prime account to get free 2 day from Amazon making the price difference larger.

Amazon is good for some things just not auto parts.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2
Torinoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:36 AM   #25
slow84lx
Lifer
VIP Member

I regularly use both Rock Auto & Amazon for parts without a single issue to date. The free shipping with prime is a factor to compare with. Moving more & more to Amazon.

I may look towards Jegs now also for stuff for the stang.
slow84lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:09 PM   #26
4king
---E

Wheel bearing hub assemblies are $159 for my truck at autoparts stores, $120 at rock auto, and $69 on amazon with prime. Considering none of them have more than 1 year warranties and I can view 60 positive reviews I'm taking amazon over any other sites.

I've noticed amazon is consistently cheaper than ebay as well in most cases
Old 03-28-2016, 04:29 PM   #27
Mach1
rm -rf /

More love for Jegs/Summit
I just called Summit about a 3 yr old MOOG inner tie rod end that is starting to get loose, gave them my order number, they said we have another one on it's way for free, and they are sending ups to pick up the old one. A+++++++
Old 03-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #28
Juiced4v
El Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
More love for Jegs/Summit
I just called Summit about a 3 yr old MOOG inner tie rod end that is starting to get loose, gave them my order number, they said we have another one on it's way for free, and they are sending ups to pick up the old one. A+++++++
Dang that's some good service!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTKLR View Post

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1
Juiced4v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #29
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member

that's pretty impressive.

I did end up with Jegs spec'ing me the wrong bump steer kit, but since I was already in conversations with AJE, they just shipped the right stuff to me, and we bypassed jegs.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:04 PM   #30
Boujee McFuckNuttz
Time Served

Jegs for that price match and no tax (haven't used them for returns).

Amazon for the free shipping, price sometimes, and ease of returns.

Summit is what I used to use a lot, and every return I had with them was super duper easy.

Rockauto is on my shit list. I've had one order that was missing some of the parts in it, but I had the other parts so no biggie. The last one was them listing the wrong part, but you gotta eat the shipping to return it and that wasn't cheap....

Last edited by Boujee McFuckNuttz; 03-29-2016 at 02:29 PM. Reason: I think Rockauto is stalking me, they sent me a coupon today....
Boujee McFuckNuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:02 AM   #31
Mach1
rm -rf /

Love++++
Sucks that I have issues with half of the shit I order from Jegs or Summit but wow the service is so good. I ordered 4, 5gal jugs from Jegs, 2 of the caps came cracked where the threaded insert goes in, she said no problem we have 2 more coming, keep the ones you have. I told her I needed 2 vent's too, for my other jugs, can you put them in the box and I pay for them, she said no problem, we will just toss them in for free with the replacement caps, awesomeness!

Tags
jugs not jegs