Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
    Then yeah, I would say your progress is because you're sticking with it and making strides. Definitely a good thing since it shows your progress is due to hard work and not a "supplement". Keep up the hard work.

Hell, there have been times I've noticed a better workout at the gym just by getting 6+ hours of sleep for several nights in a row.
    Finished off week 3 with a huge squat day. I was working up to 230 for 1 rep. The most I have ever squat before...well, before I was a "skip leg day" kind of guy.

I loaded the bar wrong at my 220 set and actually had 230 on it. I did it like nothing. When I realized my error I went for another set and got 3, could have done another 2. Hell 3 weeks ago at home I couldn't get 215 even started before my lower back was killing me from the sheer compression. So I am excited as hell to do 230. I topped it off with 2 sets of 10 at 175 and another set for failure (got 15 and said enough) at 135.

I'm taking a half week off and will pick it all back up next Wednesday and repeat this 3 week plan leaving the max the same just upping the reps.

I've got 28 days until my next R&R. Got to get ready for the beach.
    Last edited by KBScobravert; 11-10-2016, 10:12 AM.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Good to see everyone sticking to it. I, myself am still grinding daily. I'm just about 250 now with a clean diet and pushing towards my breaking point nightly. Lifts are strong, shoulder and wrists are strong once again so I'm going to take advantage of it. Cardio is on point also. I'll give it a few months before I go all out and attempt to cut a bit more, after the holiday cheat meals lol.
      2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• I need a new pic but I am at 236 only 16 away from my lifetime goal. Hopefully I will be around 233 or so before the hogging commences on Thanksgiving. However, that will only be one meal and I am not going to screw it off this year all the way to new years. Plus, son of bitch, the girl at Cedar Hill 24 hour was like, hey the one in Mansfield is probably just as close and it is a sport. I was pretty pissed they never fore filled their promises to get all the wet stuff and saunas at mine. It is actually closer when I get off of work andddddd two minutes further than the hill. It also doesn't hurt I work 3p to 1a now and loveeeee working out at night when the idiots are not there. Oh and racquetball, I love that and they have three courts. My buddy joined and we went a few rounds tonight.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• No sticking with it here, my give a damn broke when Christopher was born, and I've been hovering around 240 all year. Strong as ever, but my desire to lean out just isn't there like it used to be. Cuck fardio.

Here lately though, I've been realizing that chasing a toddler around would be a tad bit easier if I were about 40 lbs or so lighter, so I took advantage of the DST time change, and started walking an hour every morning. Diet still lags, but the first 10-20 usually comes off without having to get too strict, other than cutting desserts and junk food.

Like you guys I'm gonna try to not go too crazy over the holidays, that's historically where I gain all my yoyo weight, im doing my damnedest to cut the string.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

• still hanging in there. but have noticed that my ribs just under my chest are sore for days after I do deadlifts. I am gonna have to dial back the weight and increase the reps.

I'm steadily closing in on my first benchmark of 195. I am 203 now, down from 215. All the while I can definitely see I am getting thicker in my arms, shoulders, back, legs and upper chest. My 36s are starting to have room in the waist to where I don't have to pull them together at all to button them and my belt is out of adjustment. Time to switch from the XL belt to the L so I can cinch it up.

I have stuck with the fasting. No food from 1800 until 1200 the next day. Then I try to keep the carbs and sugars next to nothing. My supplements have most of the sugar I take in. Body Fortress Creating, Protein and their NOS Blast. I'm eating small snack packs of jerky, about 2-3 a day to kill cravings and my lunch is nothing more than my protein shake and a small pack of Tuna Creations with a 6 crackers. The only thing I ingest in my fast period is water and in the morning a cup of coffee, black no sugar. I feel great. Again, certainly the testosterone that I take can't hurt either.

I'll be home in 19 days and then we are going to Mexico for 9 days in the middle of the month. So I really want to be at or right near 195 by then. Plus I have a round of blood work and a doctor's visit too. I'm really hoping that my cholesterol and everything else checks out in my favor.

For now, I am just plugging away. 2 days on 1 day off. Overhead press, upper back, shoulders, shrugs and arms. Then deadlifts, front squats, lunges, lower back, abs. Day off. Then bench press, flat and incline, upper back and arms. Then squats, lower back, abs. Day off and repeat. So I go hard on the first day and taper off then repeat all over at the end of each 6 days.

Now if we can just get some fucking gym equipment. We need a flat bench press with rack, an incline/decline bench and bars. These animals are killing 45lb olympic bars. Out of 7 we have 5 that are broke or bent all to shit. I am about to open a gofundme page if I can find a source for decent shit that can be abused and still last from a vendor that can package them to ship USPS.
            Last edited by KBScobravert; 11-20-2016, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• January 2016 on the left. A few days ago on the right. Only been trying to make a change since the first of Aug. So 4 months of work.

edit: pic so big, had to delete
              Last edited by KBScobravert; 12-26-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Awesome! Keep at it

Comment

• You were in great shape in the before, nice and round. Right on my man, keep after it.

I managed to lose 3 lbs this week myself, Thanksgiving be damned.

Comment

• Couple of updated pics. I'm over the 250 mark now, but I'm positive I can cut down 10+ easily when I decide to give lifting a break when my work schedule goes all to hell in January. I'm pretty solid, need to bring out my side delts and traps some more and work on my lower chest a bit. I'm my worst critic lol.

2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      Awesome! Keep at it
                      Thanks man
                      Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      You were in great shape in the before, nice and round. Right on my man, keep after it.

I managed to lose 3 lbs this week myself, Thanksgiving be damned.

Round sure was right! I'm working on it.

I've got my strength were I like it. Now to start doing more fine tuning and cut fat with more cardio.

I'm going on r&r next Sunday and won't have access to a gym. So body weight cardio and lots of sun it is. I'm also going to get off creatine and protein and hope I fall under 200. When I get home on the 9th, I will start back in the gym but do more high rep sets and cardio.

Comment

• Well, I am done for a couple of weeks. I have a strained Intercostal Muscle. I've been fighting through the pain in my rib cage after deadlifts a few weeks ago when I tried to go heavier than I have tried.

Today is my last workout before I leave my camp tomorrow and go spend 5 days in Niamey then fly home on Friday the 9th. So I was set to do deadlifts today but skipped and went to bench to get a 1 rep max.

I have NEVER been able to push 225. Mostly because I never had a spot on my days of working out so I never pushed myself.

Today I warmed up at 135 x 5, 185 x 3 then jumped right into 225. There was a dude there that spot me and minus the lift off, I had that thing all the way down and back to the rack. I got to say, I'm proud as shit to be able to do it.

So 5 days off it is to rest and heal.
                        Last edited by KBScobravert; 12-03-2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Haven't been on the forum in quite some time, but glad everyone is still at it!

Comment

• I need fucking motivation.... I haven't touched a weight in over a year, and I'm getting fat as fuck. I know what to do as far as eating clean and lifting, but just doing is the fucking lazy ass problem I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                              I need fucking motivation.... I haven't touched a weight in over a year, and I'm getting fat as fuck. I know what to do as far as eating clean and lifting, but just doing is the fucking lazy ass problem I have.
                              Fatty.
                              motivation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                                I need fucking motivation.... I haven't touched a weight in over a year, and I'm getting fat as fuck. I know what to do as far as eating clean and lifting, but just doing is the fucking lazy ass problem I have.
                                You're such a fat fuck, Cartman, that when you walk down the street people go god DAMMIT that kid's a BIG FAT FUCK
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X