Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
    I don't.

How'd they get it for the past 4 years without raising my taxes?
    Does the number 16 trillion ring a bell?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I don't.

Put it on the national credit card...

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
        Does the number 16 trillion ring a bell?
        I'm not here to defend Obama. I think he mostly sucks. If you guys want someone to argue with you about whether Obama is a good candidate or not, hit up naynay or Grape or one of the other guys. I'm not the one.

My point is that the sky is falling attitude like the country is worthless and we're all doomed now is grossly exaggerated and silly. The last thing I'm gonna do is get caught up in the misery with you guys. I'd love to see a little optimism about our day to day life in general rub off on some of y'all, but I should have know that most people crave something to be negative about. Have fun (or don't) with all of that!

I'm just saying that the shit people said was going to affect me negatively in the past 4 years ended up not being true. So I don't really believe all the shit you guys say is going to happen this time. It sounds like the same bullshit from the last time around, and it's lost credibility. Life is pretty good, and a lot of that has to do with attitude.

Comment

I don't.

Like I said... robbing social security and creating a 6.6x trillion dollar deficit in less than 4 years.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• You know, one thing that a lot of the Obama sympathizers have in common is a common liberal tendency. Nearsightedness. If you notice, all of these supporters are more than willing to be appeased by the administration. We're racking up debt on a biblical scale, and yet they have no issues with it, or at least it's not important enough to stop supporting them. Why? The exact reasons they mentioned. "Well, that doesn't affect me." or "My taxes are the same." So, the reality is - if you want to get re-elected, just make sure all the bad negative shit takes place in your second term, when you don't have to count on their votes. They're in this thread explaining this phenomenon to you. Do you really think the administration is stupid enough not to know this? Think I'm full of shit? Did you notice that Obamacare didn't take effect until after the election? Why didn't Obama address any of the debt in his first four years? Because the bill is coming to you naynay, 4eyedwillie, jluv, all of us. You can't spend 20 trillion dollars and expect to just ignore the collection calls. You will pay for this. At the moment you owe $218,000+, and your kids do as well. All of the money from all of the "rich people" wouldn't run the government for more than a few weeks. Companies don't pay taxes. That's a very common nearsighted misconception. You pay their taxes. If you tax a baker $0.50 per donut, do you think he's just going to say, "Oh well, I'll just make and sell 10 times more donuts to compensate." No, he's going to increase the price of his donuts by $0.50. He didn't pay the tax, you did. So remember that when it comes time to pay this debt back. Rich people won't be paying it, and businesses will definitely not be paying it.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• The doors and windows are sticking!!!
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• "Conservatism, in my humble opinion, did not lose last night. It's just very difficult to beat Santa Claus. It is practically impossible to beat Santa Claus. People are not going to vote against Santa Claus, especially if the alternative is being your own Santa Claus." - Rush Limbaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  "Conservatism, in my humble opinion, did not lose last night. It's just very difficult to beat Santa Claus. It is practically impossible to beat Santa Claus. People are not going to vote against Santa Claus, especially if the alternative is being your own Santa Claus." - Rush Limbaugh
                  see sig.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    You know, one thing that a lot of the Obama sympathizers have in common is a common liberal tendency. Nearsightedness. If you notice, all of these supporters are more than willing to be appeased by the administration. We're racking up debt on a biblical scale, and yet they have no issues with it, or at least it's not important enough to stop supporting them. Why? The exact reasons they mentioned. "Well, that doesn't affect me." or "My taxes are the same." So, the reality is - if you want to get re-elected, just make sure all the bad negative shit takes place in your second term, when you don't have to count on their votes. They're in this thread explaining this phenomenon to you. Do you really think the administration is stupid enough not to know this? Think I'm full of shit? Did you notice that Obamacare didn't take effect until after the election? Why didn't Obama address any of the debt in his first four years? Because the bill is coming to you naynay, 4eyedwillie, jluv, all of us. You can't spend 20 trillion dollars and expect to just ignore the collection calls. You will pay for this. At the moment you owe $218,000+, and your kids do as well. All of the money from all of the "rich people" wouldn't run the government for more than a few weeks. Companies don't pay taxes. That's a very common nearsighted misconception. You pay their taxes. If you tax a baker $0.50 per donut, do you think he's just going to say, "Oh well, I'll just make and sell 10 times more donuts to compensate." No, he's going to increase the price of his donuts by $0.50. He didn't pay the tax, you did. So remember that when it comes time to pay this debt back. Rich people won't be paying it, and businesses will definitely not be paying it.
                    Political science, man. The art of manipulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                      Your susceptibility to manipulation is directly proportionate to your education.

Comment

Your susceptibility to manipulation is directly proportionate to your education.
                        or your blind faith in someone or ideal

Comment

You know, one thing that a lot of the Obama sympathizers have in common is a common liberal tendency. Nearsightedness. If you notice, all of these supporters are more than willing to be appeased by the administration. We're racking up debt on a biblical scale, and yet they have no issues with it, or at least it's not important enough to stop supporting them. Why? The exact reasons they mentioned. "Well, that doesn't affect me." or "My taxes are the same." So, the reality is - if you want to get re-elected, just make sure all the bad negative shit takes place in your second term, when you don't have to count on their votes. They're in this thread explaining this phenomenon to you. Do you really think the administration is stupid enough not to know this? Think I'm full of shit? Did you notice that Obamacare didn't take effect until after the election? Why didn't Obama address any of the debt in his first four years? Because the bill is coming to you naynay, 4eyedwillie, jluv, all of us. You can't spend 20 trillion dollars and expect to just ignore the collection calls. You will pay for this. At the moment you owe $218,000+, and your kids do as well. All of the money from all of the "rich people" wouldn't run the government for more than a few weeks. Companies don't pay taxes. That's a very common nearsighted misconception. You pay their taxes. If you tax a baker $0.50 per donut, do you think he's just going to say, "Oh well, I'll just make and sell 10 times more donuts to compensate." No, he's going to increase the price of his donuts by $0.50. He didn't pay the tax, you did. So remember that when it comes time to pay this debt back. Rich people won't be paying it, and businesses will definitely not be paying it.
                          waaaaaaaaaaaay

waaaay

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than they could ever understand

You didnt say something like

me me me mine mine mine now now now so they dont get it .

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                            So many allow themselves to be manipulated. I enjoy some relaxation from turning down the apprehension or anxiety that i have for the future of a society and government that I love, i get the attraction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                              So many allow themselves to be manipulated. I enjoy some relaxation from turning down the apprehension or anxiety that i have for the future of a society and government that I love, i get the attraction.
                              Exactly, the idea that government can handle your personal business better than you has an appeal to those who lack responsibility. My job is dealing with people who are not responsible. I completely understand their perspective. Tyranny is when you force me against my will to be subjected to government intervention. I must be judged and brought down to the level of the irresponsible. As an individual you are not afforded the benefit and freedom of self responsibility. Not everyone can be responsible - that's a given. But, the overwhelming majority of people can be, if they are given the opportunity and education to do so. But in this liberal utopia the democrats envision, the individual is irrelevant. Since the irresponsible cannot manage their money, families, or responsibilities the government must force everyone to be subjected to their policies, because we just can't have consequences. Those poor victims... just look at them, we can't have them. Obamacare is tyranny in it's most basic form. Because some people are so irresponsible that they cannot get their own healthcare, we must force everyone to have it. And no, you don't have the option to say no. You will pay the government. This will become all of your realities in the upcoming years. You will live this tyranny for the rest of your life. If you're a young guy, and you don't want to pay the $380 healthcare premium because you haven't been to the doctor in a decade you no longer have the freedom to that money. It is no longer your money anymore. It is the government's money forever. Take that $4,560 and wipe it right off your salary, you no longer make that. But hey, you don't have to worry about it anymore, doesn't that make you feel...relieved?
                              Last edited by CJ; 11-07-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                                Cost of insurance, food, fuel, and store-bought items has gone through the roof in the last 4 years. I can't say for certain that it's O's fault.. but it sure has managed to hit the wallet while he's been in office. That's what this is about to me, i dont give a fuck about gays marrying, or anything like that. I worry my money isn't going as far as it used to.. it's like i put money in the top of the piggy bank while the governments hand is in the bottom raiding it. it's senseless. we've successfully created a generation of people looking for nothing more than their next handout.
                                you moved from texas to oregon, that a cost of living issue broham.. you cant have your cake and eat it too
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X