This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post

All 4"x4" with 3/4" mdf top with another 1/8" fiberboard sheet on top of that. I am thinking of getting rid of it and doing another that is purpose built to fit the lower Craftsman boxes.
    That's a good looking bench...mhm.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

i wish i had room for a work bench....top of my tool box is my bench.

single car garage sucks, lol.
      Last edited by thedriver33; 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM.
      Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Heres the wooden one in the background, just found an old pic of it. The one next to it is all steel, has a 1/4" top and 1.5" DOM round legs. Waterjet cut 1/4" lexan pegboard for the back instead of using home depot stuff. Also has a little shelf that you can attach a light to.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
          Lets go get that heavy bitch and make some room in your shop and leave it there, then I can take the old one. Oh wait, I dont have enough room at shop neither.
          I'd like to put it where my wooden bench is now, then put the old one where the bridgeport is so I can put my lathe on top of it. That's a lot of heavy rearranging!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            You should see my ghetto Husky rolling cart with the 3/4"mdf 4'x4' clamped to it to make a table. Perfect quick and mobile work station.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
              Well, I was going for this look

I see its overkill, but it works, and is solid. And, I don't have near $130. I would say $40, tops.

Anyone else made their own stuff?
              These seem like a good deal.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Is that your design or did you help build it?
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Anyone want a workbench, made one and now I need the room. It's 2'D x 5'10"W x 3'2" H
                  Please PM me, it will probably hit the curb by Wed. if no one wants it.

2 Chronicles 7:14
                  If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Quick one I threw together out of 4x4's and a $5.00 solid core door.

07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

This thread convinced me to stop struggling with my old rickety store bought workbench and build something better.

I built this bench out of 1-5/8" mild steel tubing and two solid core doors that were scrounged from a construction project. The bench top and bottom shelf are those really heavy commercial doors - the bench probably weighs about 450 pounds.

The bench top is 84"x42". I installed a piece of 3/16" hardboard on the top -this piece can be changed when it gets burned or otherwise damaged. I may install a piece of steel plate on the top at a later date.

The bottom shelf is 84"x24".

The bench has flanges (feet) on the legs to allow this bench to be bolted to the floor.

Hope this helps others with thier workbench projects.

Tom

Comment

In my next life, I want Sgt. Beavis to make my workbench for me. That guy does killer furniture work.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Couple pics of mine, built it right after I moved in. Wanting to rid of the metal shelf and extend it. It's full of stuff right now. I usually have it cleared off but..

Comment

hung some tools on it finally

Comment

Build this for my dad over the weekend. Not too bad for less than 300 bucks.

Comment

Mine -

Too Big and Too deep !

Willing to trade for a toolbox =)
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X