Evidently, you CAN push someone too far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I disagree. He has cops scared at the moment. Maybe they'll learn you don't shoot at citizens when the people of Cali get tired of them opening fire on innocents. I think shaking up LAPD is a good thing and getting rid of bad cops is always good. You keep forgetting and I keep saying all it takes is one press conference and this stops.
    Of course you disagree. Heck, I'm glad you do. You're waaaaaay off your damn rocker.

Comment

• Like a fox.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I disagree. He has cops scared at the moment. Maybe they'll learn you don't shoot at citizens when the people of Cali get tired of them opening fire on innocents. I think shaking up LAPD is a good thing and getting rid of bad cops is always good. You keep forgetting and I keep saying all it takes is one press conference and this stops.
        Hes a domestic terrorist. You may sympathize with his goals, but his methods put him as a murderer of innocents.

To defend and support him and accept those deaths as permissible is truly disgusting.

You should be ashamed.

Comment

• Agreed. Now the likes of Sheen is reaching out to this pile of shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
            Hes a domestic terrorist. You may sympathize with his goals, but his methods put him as a murderer of innocents.

To defend and support him and accept those deaths as permissible is truly disgusting.

You should be ashamed.
            Actually, he's shot fewer innocents than the police. If he's a domestic terrorist, what are they?
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Actually, he's shot fewer innocents than the police. If he's a domestic terrorist, what are they?
              You think you are cute and witty, but you are just gutter trash.

Comment

• The Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (or CRASH) anti-gang unit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police misconduct in United States history. The convicted offenses include unprovoked shootings, unprovoked beatings, planting of false evidence, framing of suspects, stealing and dealing narcotics, bank robbery, perjury, and the covering up of evidence of these activities.[1]

The New Rampart Police Station
                The Rampart Scandal is notable in popular culture because at least three LAPD officers implicated in the scandal were found to be on the payroll of hip-hop mogul Marion "Suge" Knight of Death Row Records, a convicted felon with known ties to the Bloods street gang. Moreover, LAPD investigators alleged Rampart CRASH officers Nino Durden, Rafael Pérez and David Mack were involved in the 1997 drive-by murder of recording artist Notorious B.I.G..[2]

The Rampart investigation, based mainly on statements of the admitted corrupt officer (Pérez), initially implicated over 70 officers of wrongdoing. Of those officers, enough evidence was found to bring 58 before an internal administrative board. However, of the officers named by Pérez, only 24 were actually found to have committed any wrongdoing, with 12 given suspensions of various lengths, 7 forced to resign or retire, and 5 fired.[3] As a result of the probe into falsified evidence and police perjury, 106 prior criminal convictions were overturned.[4] The Rampart Scandal resulted in more than 140 civil lawsuits against the city of Los Angeles, costing the city an estimated $125 million in settlements.[5]

Partly as a result of the scandal, Police Chief Bernard Parks was not rehired by Mayor James K. Hahn in 2001. Both the scandal and the de facto firing of Parks are believed to have precipitated Mayor Hahn's defeat by Antonio Villaraigosa in the 2005 election.[6]

As of 2013 the full extent of Rampart corruption is not known, with several rape, murder and robbery investigations involving Rampart officers remaining unsolved.[7][8]
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  The Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (or CRASH) anti-gang unit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police misconduct in United States history. The convicted offenses include unprovoked shootings, unprovoked beatings, planting of false evidence, framing of suspects, stealing and dealing narcotics, bank robbery, perjury, and the covering up of evidence of these activities.[1]

The New Rampart Police Station
                  The Rampart Scandal is notable in popular culture because at least three LAPD officers implicated in the scandal were found to be on the payroll of hip-hop mogul Marion "Suge" Knight of Death Row Records, a convicted felon with known ties to the Bloods street gang. Moreover, LAPD investigators alleged Rampart CRASH officers Nino Durden, Rafael Pérez and David Mack were involved in the 1997 drive-by murder of recording artist Notorious B.I.G..[2]

The Rampart investigation, based mainly on statements of the admitted corrupt officer (Pérez), initially implicated over 70 officers of wrongdoing. Of those officers, enough evidence was found to bring 58 before an internal administrative board. However, of the officers named by Pérez, only 24 were actually found to have committed any wrongdoing, with 12 given suspensions of various lengths, 7 forced to resign or retire, and 5 fired.[3] As a result of the probe into falsified evidence and police perjury, 106 prior criminal convictions were overturned.[4] The Rampart Scandal resulted in more than 140 civil lawsuits against the city of Los Angeles, costing the city an estimated $125 million in settlements.[5]

Partly as a result of the scandal, Police Chief Bernard Parks was not rehired by Mayor James K. Hahn in 2001. Both the scandal and the de facto firing of Parks are believed to have precipitated Mayor Hahn's defeat by Antonio Villaraigosa in the 2005 election.[6]

As of 2013 the full extent of Rampart corruption is not known, with several rape, murder and robbery investigations involving Rampart officers remaining unsolved.[7][8]
                  Boom goes the Dynamite. Fuck every single one of them for being corrupt, if you aren't you should know better than to join and get out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    Boom goes the Dynamite. Fuck every single one of them for being corrupt, if you aren't you should know better than to join and get out.
                    70 named, 12 fired. I am sure it was all lies though, right? There can't be 58 people still in that department who were lying, framing, extorting and murdering their way across Los Angeles in the late 1990s. Or could there be? Could this guy going on a rampage just be an indicator that the people in charge are up to their same old shit? I'm interested in knowing where some of these 58 people are today.

I won't say fuck them all. I mean some of the guys on the force undoubtedly don't have anything to do with any of this shit and just want to be good cops. Definitely sucks for them.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Do you know what his career was like? Who he drew or fired upon while on duty? That's crap and it's not his call to start killing those who he feels are guilty. You are smarter than this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

I won't say fuck them all. I mean some of the guys on the force undoubtedly don't have anything to do with any of this shit and just want to be good cops. Definitely sucks for them.
                        That's what sucks, if someone tries to change the cycle of corruption they get lambasted for trying the blow the whistle. It's ridiculous that it has gotten this bad. If anything good comes out of this, it will be exposure of the corruption that is in the LAPD. Maybe something will come out of it, maybe not.

Comment

• I look at it as a war, and all is fair in love and war. Of course there will be casualties in a war. This case shows why most people in the US will never be willing to stand up to defend our country or constitution. They don't want innocent people hurt, so they will sit on the sidelines and judge the ones that are willing to do what it takes. Do you think the corrupt officers on the LAPD and the power hungry people in our govt really give a shit about innocent people. Hell no, they don't. All they care about is detroying their enemies by any means and following orders in order to save their own asses. Just look at what the LAPD is doing right now. If they didn't have people looking over their shoulders, a lot worse things would be happening right now. People need to wake up.

Comment

• My emotions on this are way too mixed to take a side, but I'm keeping up with it. Something tells me his list of grievances are not completely without some merit.

Comment

• Yall think im crazy but even I think he should not have gone after the families. What did they do wrong. Just should have targeted his enemies and left it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                                I look at it as a war, and all is fair in love and war. Of course there will be casualties in a war. This case shows why most people in the US will never be willing to stand up to defend our country or constitution. They don't want innocent people hurt, so they will sit on the sidelines and judge the ones that are willing to do what it takes. Do you think the corrupt officers on the LAPD and the power hungry people in our govt really give a shit about innocent people. Hell no, they don't. All they care about is detroying their enemies by any means and following orders in order to save their own asses. Just look at what the LAPD is doing right now. If they didn't have people looking over their shoulders, a lot worse things would be happening right now. People need to wake up.
                                Wow. Just fucking wow.

Edit: if the measure of my resolve as an American to defend my country and the Constitution is to be willing, or to allow, the murder of innocent people - you can go fuck yourself.

According to you, if they say "i'll make them pay" or "maybe now they'll listen" suddenly their crimes have merit? There is no honor here. He is no "dark knight" hero.

The killing of the daughter of the retired LAPD captain and her fiancee was nothing more than cold blooded murder. It wasn't political. It wasn't making a statement against oppression. It had nothing to do with exposing corruption. It wasn't collateral damage. It was his first strike. It was murder plain and simple.

Just because he wrote a "manifesto" doesn't make it right. The Unabomber did the same thing - do you not support his fight against the system?
                                Last edited by Binky; 02-09-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X