5.0/302 motor assembly and install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
    you're not worried about the rings reseating ? i would be.
    I'm not sure I follow, what do you mean?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      I'm not sure I follow, what do you mean?
      If you didn't pull the pistons out, then my questions is irrelevant. I may have missed it if you didn't.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

If you didn't pull the pistons out, then my questions is irrelevant. I may have missed it if you didn't.
        That makes much more sense, I didn't pull em, thanks for the comment though.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

That's exactly what I was using it for, dist is in there now, $20 sounds good if you want it. My hole was a little dirty so there is some stuff on my plug, hope you don't mind!
          I am heading into Hurst this afternoon to hit up Sears for a tool. Where in Arlington are you. I got a $20 spot. If you are ready to part with it of course.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

That's exactly what I was using it for, $20 sounds good if you want it. My hole was a little dirty so there is some stuff on my plug, hope you don't mind!
            I missed the greatness of this comment yesterday.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              I am heading into Hurst this afternoon to hit up Sears for a tool. Where in Arlington are you. I got a $20 spot. If you are ready to part with it of course.
              PM sent.

Comment

That makes much more sense, I didn't pull em, thanks for the comment though.
                Right on.

Years ago , I made a rookie mistake of pulling the pistons and not installing new rings and they didn't reseat. Fortunately on a test drive the thermostat stuck shut and the motor got real hot and that seated them. I was about to start over until that happened. Lol
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  I missed the greatness of this comment yesterday.

Comment

Right on.

Years ago , I made a rookie mistake of pulling the pistons and not installing new rings and they didn't reseat. Fortunately on a test drive the thermostat stuck shut and the motor got real hot and that seated them. I was about to start over until that happened. Lol
                    stuck thermostat = fixed motor, that's pretty impressive! Cool trick for sure, how hot did it get?

Comment

stuck thermostat = fixed motor, that's pretty impressive! Cool trick for sure, how hot did it get?
                      shiiiiit, i dont remember exactly. hot enough that i pulled over. i think 250 ish.
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                      X