CMC Mustang NASA Results Texas World Speedway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMC Mustang NASA Results Texas World Speedway

Had a great time this past weekend at TWS, the car now has swaybars and looks/feels much better through the turns, I started with a 27mm hollow sn95 bar up front and 25mm solid bar in the rear which proved to be too much rear bar, dropped it to a 23 mm and ran 4-5psi more in the front tires and that got the balance pretty close(still a little loose for my style), I didn't have a chance to put my ricer wing on the car but I wish I had, I think it would have helped out. I also started with -4 deg camber from MSRC and that was too much with the bars, tire temps were 15-20 deg hotter on the inside, I dropped it to -3 and that helped a bit, tire temps were still hot on the inside so I could have probably dropped it down a bit more. I am looking for a stock 94-98 GT front sway bar, if you have one, PM me and let me know how much.

Many of the racers were concerned about how strong my car was on the straights, I had no issues pulling anyone on the main straight unless I had a bad exit on Turn 1, I dynoed low at gearheads, a whopping 246hp 292tq, I think the fact that I dropped to 3.27's really helped, when everyone else went to 5th it looks like I went into warp speed because I was still at the top of 4th until the braking zone. Because of the concerns I insisted that they "seal" my hood and I will be taking the car back to the dyno to make sure the power is legit.

Here are the results of the weekend, I didn't get video of R1 or R2.

R2 was awesome, I was battling McCormick 1st, I got in front of him for a bit but he got me back, I ended up running a faster lap time but I didn't drive aggressively enough to get the pass back on him, congrats to him on his first win.

Race 1
    Started 9th
    Finished 7th out of 18

Race 2
    Started 10th
    Finished 2nd out of 15

Race 3
    Started 8th
    Finished 4th out of 15

Race 4
    Started 11th
    Finished 3rd out of 13

Best lap of the weekend was a 1:57.9
    I need to man up and stay flat through T7

Race 3

Race 4
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Friggin' awesome!!! Love it!!
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      Friggin' awesome!!! Love it!!
      Thank you sir, got a little sloppy at times, those Toyo RR's don't like being pushed, this was the first CMC event on the RR's
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

pretty awesome. That car is going to be hard to beat when you get it dialed in good.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Ded

Comment

That's pretty cool, I'm digging the f-bodies. I had no clue there were race leagues out there like that, it's something I'd love to get into but probably can't afford.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Awesome job man! I was in Hot pit watching that battle with Craig and was jumpin' up and down a lot! Great racing action and proof that all the hard work has paid off.

I had a so so weekend with getting my fastest lap ever at TWS, only to find some more gremlins with the car. I think I am going to pull the motor and remove the heads and look at the pistons as I think I have a few cracked ring lands. There is oil in places that there shouldn't be any. Then I still have to fix the fuel pickup issue. I'm probably going to sell this fuel tank and go for a custom Fuel Safe cell made for the 2000 cobra R. that is $2700 I don't want to spend so I may have to find a better solution. ugh.

Anyway, great showing from you. Expect to see great things from you in the future!

Watched the race 3 video. You are running your miata line through T11 into T10, same in T6 and T15. It worked ok but with a mustang it requires a little later entry and later apex so you can power out of the corner. It will come in time.
              Last edited by aggie97; 04-29-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                pretty awesome. That car is going to be hard to beat when you get it dialed in good.
                Originally posted by motoman View Post
                That's pretty cool, I'm digging the f-bodies. I had no clue there were race leagues out there like that, it's something I'd love to get into but probably can't afford.
                Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                Awesome job man! I was in Hot pit watching that battle with Craig and was jumpin' up and down a lot! Great racing action and proof that all the hard work has paid off.

I had a so so weekend with getting my fastest lap ever at TWS, only to find some more gremlins with the car. I think I am going to pull the motor and remove the heads and look at the pistons as I think I have a few cracked ring lands. There is oil in places that there shouldn't be any. Then I still have to fix the fuel pickup issue. I'm probably going to sell this fuel tank and go for a custom Fuel Safe cell made for the 2000 cobra R. that is $2700 I don't want to spend so I may have to find a better solution. ugh.

Anyway, great showing from you. Expect to see great things from you in the future!

Watched the race 3 video. You are running your miata line through T11 into T10, same in T6 and T15. It worked ok but with a mustang it requires a little later entry and later apex so you can power out of the corner. It will come in time.
                Thanks Matt, I appreciate all of your advice along the way. My lines could have been changing throughout the race so I'm not sure that you got my "preferred" line, I was working on my trail braking into T11 so I did miss the apex a few times, same with T6.

Congrats on your fast lap, gremlins suck . That's big money for a fuel cell. Good luck with the beast!

Comment

Working...
                X