2016 lawn thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 lawn thread.

Ok fellas it's about that time of year where you start prepping our lawns for the spring/summer time. Let's use this thread for helping each other out.

To start us off, I've been in my house a year now, and the lack of yard I had has come a long way. I'll get some pics in the next day or two but I went from having no grass in the front/back/side yards to having some pretty nice Bermuda in multiple places around the house. There was nothing but weeds, clover, etc when I bought the house. Surprisingly I had a really nice winter grass of some sort come in that filled in a lot of bare spots in the backyard. No clue if it was rye, fescue, or what, but I hope it sticks around.

Now with that being said, the weeds went crazy in the front yard while the grass was asleep. A lot of clover came back and some real leafy looking low lying weeds came in.

What should I be putting down right now, pre-emergent?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Don't worry, everybody's weeds went crazy this year.

You missed the deadline for pre-emergent. You only get about a 2 week window to put it down and this year the cutoff date was Valentines Day.

6 weeks after Valentines Day my lawn will be getting . 6 weeks later .
    I will repeat this every 6 weeks until Fall.

Here's a calendar that will give you an idea of what to use and when to use it. http://www.scotts.com/smg/goART3/How...-lawn/33500008
    Last edited by upgrade; 03-14-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

yeah... I just have True Green come out on a regular basis. Some of my neighbors have TONS of weeds... mine is just bermuda starting to green up nicely with no weeds.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That's actually pretty cool and funny!

Comment

Originally posted by upgrade View Post
            Don't worry, everybody's weeds went crazy this year.

You missed the deadline for pre-emergent. You only get about a 2 week window to put it down and this year the cutoff date was Valentines Day.

6 weeks after Valentines Day my lawn will be getting . 6 weeks later .
            I will repeat this every 6 weeks until Fall.

Here's a calendar that will give you an idea of what to use and when to use it. http://www.scotts.com/smg/goART3/How...-lawn/33500008
            I missed my final pre-emergent window as well. The weeds went batshit. I just hit my lawn yesterday with weed N feed, I'll hit it again at the end of April.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Got my vegetables planted last weekend before the rain. Somehow, everything but a lavender plant or two survived the great flood. Those two may still make it, time will tell. Hoping the sun will get them to stand back up.

Had Junior out last night. He ran new lines and heads and put my flower beds out front on a different zone on the sprinkler system, and put in a new timer. This weekend I'll put down weed cloth and black mulch, and start re planting the beds out front. This shit is going to cost a fortune by the time it's all said and done. Between flower bed clean out and the sprinklers I'm already in it for a grand, and I've still got a ton of plants to buy.

Planting purple diamond loropetalum, purple fountain grass, Mexican feather grass, cleyaras, red yucca, variegated cannas (orange), and creek rose abelia. Undecided on my seasonals still.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I have a new yard with the new house. Planted 3 trees yesterday going to throw down some weed/feed turf builder shit and water. Hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  yeah... I just have True Green come out on a regular basis. Some of my neighbors have TONS of weeds... mine is just bermuda starting to green up nicely with no weeds.
                  What does their service run, if you don't mind me asking? How big is your lot?
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I was actually reading up on TG costs last night and concensus seems to be they charge too much and do too many applications

Comment

I'll probably follow suit rotating weed & feed + watering and then fertilizer + watering.

Here's a couple quick pics from the backyard. There's way more grass this year than last year when I bought the home. I realize these are very vivid, they're from my cell phone but the yard is pretty damn green right now.

Anyone able to tell what kind of grass this is? The shoots aren't real wide and grow upward.

This is what I thought might be the winter rye. Any clues? The shoots are much thinner and it's real soft to walk on. Pretty much stays down for a while when you walk through it.

[
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Aerated the front and side yard,put down weed and feed last weekend. Have 10 cubic yards of organic top dressing being delivered tomorrow should be another wild weekend.

Comment

Me and a buddy split the rental cost of an aerator last year and did both of our lawns. It helped out quite a bit last year but I haven't quite decided if I'm going to do it this year.

Comment

What is that in your backyard?

crucifix...cell tower???

Comment

Originally posted by upgrade View Post
                              What is that in your backyard?

crucifix...cell tower???
                              LMAO, it's our bigass patio umbrella folded up.

Comment

Working...
                              X