DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2016, 01:06 AM   #61
chronical
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 961
Default

I have to double check but i feel like I'm close when I say it's a grand a year. I have pool and every option they offer. Maybe I'm over paying? I'm with American home shield. I feel it has value but am interested to hear more feedback. So far, it seems most see value in having a home warranty. I'm set to renew this month so hopefully some more folks will post up what they think
chronical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #62
aggie97
A local track addict!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: College Station
Posts: 11,970
Default

Can they not just change the expansion valve on the inside unit to match the refrigerant and leave the coil and air handler in place?
aggie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:15 AM   #63
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member
 
Baron Von Crowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Venus
Posts: 23,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
Can they not just change the expansion valve on the inside unit to match the refrigerant and leave the coil and air handler in place?
the coils inside are different, apparently, becuase it's higher pressure? The heater/air handler can stay in my case.
__________________
"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford
Baron Von Crowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #64
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER
 
mstng86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In a Speedo near you
Posts: 5,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie97 View Post
Can they not just change the expansion valve on the inside unit to match the refrigerant and leave the coil and air handler in place?
The is exactly what happened with my evap coil. They had to change the valve to match the refrigerant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
the coils inside are different, apparently, becuase it's higher pressure? The heater/air handler can stay in my case.
I would double check that.
mstng86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #65
Silverback
It's all in the reflexes
 
Silverback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: On the Road
Posts: 18,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronical View Post
I have to double check but i feel like I'm close when I say it's a grand a year. I have pool and every option they offer. Maybe I'm over paying? I'm with American home shield. I feel it has value but am interested to hear more feedback. So far, it seems most see value in having a home warranty. I'm set to renew this month so hopefully some more folks will post up what they think
there are varying prices, the highest being like 900/yr, and the lowest being 700/yr with a pool, with AHS. the higher the monthly price, the lower the service fee
Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #66
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,909
Default

Different line sizes with the new refrigerants as well, if I'm not mistaken.


Ya'll get ready for R-290 too (propane). I haven't paid attention to the residential side, but on the commercial side manufacturer's are being forced to more green refrigerants, and the majority of the foodservice industry has gone/is going to R-290, and must be fully switched by 2017.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #67
Scott Mc
Outcast
 
Scott Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,495
Default

Well that sounds safe! Why not use liquid hydrogen! Its natural!
Scott Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:30 PM   #68
bcoop
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 41,909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Mc View Post
Well that sounds safe! Why not use liquid hydrogen! Its natural!
RVs have been using propane for refrigerators for a long time already. But with that said, I agree. What could possibly go wrong. lmao
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.
bcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:26 PM   #69
Grimpala
Lifer
 
Grimpala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rockwall
Posts: 4,904
Default

Will there be enough propane in a residential unit to make a difference if it's ruptured in a house fire?

I realize that it could be the catalyst for a fire, but say there is already one going and the unit is compromised?
__________________
G'Day Mate
Grimpala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
at least u not a naynay, rent free, svo makes it rain

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.