Forrest is missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Just noticed the disclaimer on that last flyer, and it's legit.

I didn't see any alligators while we were down there but got within a couple of feet of a water moccasin, heading right towards it, before I saw it move. One of the other searchers that lives there said he had just seen several alligators about a week or so before in the same area. The thorns are unforgiving and the woods are thick. Tons of mosquitoes, chiggers and some ticks..

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird
        I love Forrest and all, but fuck that shit.

This is a grown man with a wife and young daughter that NEED him. If this is all a sad and mentally ill version of hide-and-go-seek, I'm going to be pissed about it. He can seek help and comfort in ways that don't keep dozens/hundreds of people in limbo, worrying about his life and organizing searches to find him.

I know several of you went down there to look for him. Were there any clues at all that he was still alive? I remember they found his phone, but wasn't he just saying a few weeks before that his phone stopped working and he wasn't getting another?

I sincerely hope the search turns up good news because Forrest is a great guy and he is missed. The bastard is one of us.
        I see what you're saying Danny, but him alive and somewhere else is better than dead and found. At least in that case there is a chance he will return to his family at some point, you know? That's all I meant but would rather not go into detail regarding the other stuff out of respect for the family's wishes.. FWIW, even Brittani shared the same sentiment (that if she at least knew he was ok, even if he isn't able to return home, that she would be thrilled).

His phone actually ended up being in Brittani's car. Assuming it fell under the seat or something. I cannot say I saw any specific clues that he was still alive after his disappearance, but there were at least some things that seemed to indicate he knew he was leaving. But those some things clearly showed he wasn't in the best state of mind.

From what several people have said (close friends / family), he was wanting to break from technology to some extent (computers, cell phones, etc) before this.

Comment

I love Forrest and all, but fuck that shit.

This is a grown man with a wife and young daughter that NEED him. If this is all a sad and mentally ill version of hide-and-go-seek, I'm going to be pissed about it. He can seek help and comfort in ways that don't keep dozens/hundreds of people in limbo, worrying about his life and organizing searches to find him.

I know several of you went down there to look for him. Were there any clues at all that he was still alive? I remember they found his phone, but wasn't he just saying a few weeks before that his phone stopped working and he wasn't getting another?

I sincerely hope the search turns up good news because Forrest is a great guy and he is missed. The bastard is one of us.
          I'd like to think that the massive search and worry from everyone wasnt something that was considered, if this turns out to be that...
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Just noticed the disclaimer on that last flyer, and it's legit.

I didn't see any alligators while we were down there but got within a couple of feet of a water moccasin, heading right towards it, before I saw it move. One of the other searchers that lives there said he had just seen several alligators about a week or so before in the same area. The thorns are unforgiving and the woods are thick. Tons of mosquitoes, chiggers and some ticks..
            No joke. The terrain is definitely no walk in the park. I've still got thorns that I can't get out. Most of my bites are finally gone, just in the last day or so.

I know several of you went down there to look for him. Were there any clues at all that he was still alive?
            Other than the video he was seen on, the day he went missing; no. But there were also no clues that he was dead. There is nothing whatsoever to go on. There was absolutely no trace of him ever being in the bayou, nor the old gravel pit he used to live next to. No tracks, no trampled brush, no clothing, nothing. No traces of fires, food, etc. Absolutely nothing.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas.
              Last edited by 46Tbird; 09-16-2016, 03:35 PM.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

As dumb as this sounds on paper, what about this option: he seems to have planned ahead somewhat. He may have done some prepper-type shit involving a decent amount of cash, a vehicle and supplies. Who's to say he didn't just swing south and go to Mexico? He might also have a few folks that are friends he's established through any means that aren't known by family who are harboring him, whether known to this person or not, to keep him off the grid.

It's all so very strange.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  As dumb as this sounds on paper, what about this option: he seems to have planned ahead somewhat. He may have done some prepper-type shit involving a decent amount of cash, a vehicle and supplies. Who's to say he didn't just swing south and go to Mexico? He might also have a few folks that are friends he's established through any means that aren't known by family who are harboring him, whether known to this person or not, to keep him off the grid.

It's all so very strange.
                  I don't subscribe to that theory at all, but some do. I won't post here why, but we can discuss elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I don't subscribe to that theory at all, but some do. I won't post here why, but we can discuss elsewhere.
                    Vip forum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

When you guys search for him, pipe in some distressed diesel sounds, that'll bring him out, like a moth to a flame!

Comment

I don't know Forrest other than through this site and Canada, but based on the testimonials from his friends here and the actions taken, he's been an upstanding guy. Of first importance in my opinion is that he turn up alive and well for his family and close friends, and the reason for his disappearance can then be sorted out later.

Kudos to those here who went down to aid in the search, to TX Equusearch, and to all that have acknowledged that he matters. Also still sending prayers for him and in support of his family.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84
                          So he most likely just ghosted his friends and family? I don't know him like some of ya'll do but if that's the case, it's pretty fucked up.

Edited part. Not sure if he has a life insurance policy or something like that that would financially benefit his family more than he felt he could.
                          He may not be in his right mind.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I realize this is difficult to comprehend with what little info is posted here, but please be mindful of the fact that his wife, and family can read this.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              He may not be in his right mind.
                              This, it isn't for us to judge the situation. The majority of us don't know the fine details of the situation so it is best not to speculate or pass judgement.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              I realize this is difficult to comprehend with what little info is posted here, but please be mindful of the fact that his wife, and family can read this.
                              Is someone moderating this thread, cleaning up the "speculation"? I think it should be limited to well wishes, good thoughts, and sharing search efforts.
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I've been trying to keep it on track without editing, but will when it seems fitting.

I think the speculation is natural, and to be expected to some extent. Just please be mindful of what you post. As mentioned, Forrest's family and close friends are either already on this site, or may very well see it's content. We'd like to be sensitive to that, as much as possible.

We all know that under normal circumstances, a husband and father seemingly shirking his responsibilities perhaps deserves some bashing. We can assure you that this situation is not that clear cut. And I think it's clear, based on conversation with family and friends, that Forrest loves his family very much, and adores his new daughter. Beyond that, please limit this to positive thoughts, or any pertinent information on the search or his location.

I know this seems to be a bit of a departure from normal DFWMustangs, but remember, Forrest is our own and we back each other up in times of need.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X