2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Do you use an edger or string trimmer? I've been able to achieve really good edges with a string trimmer alone.. I started a little lawn service last summer after I left the restaurant and have learned so much. It's hard work but I sleep great at night!
    String trimmer. I had a Troy Built with edger attachment and the edger grenaded on me so I learned to use the weed eater attachment to edge. I'm not extremely proficient with it yet. It still walks into the yard on me from time to time. Either way, I still have the best looking yard on the street by far!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      String trimmer. I had a Troy Built with edger attachment and the edger grenaded on me so I learned to use the weed eater attachment to edge. I'm not extremely proficient with it yet. It still walks into the yard on me from time to time. Either way, I still have the best looking yard on the street by far!

Once you get that little rut dug between the dirt and the sidewalk, it gets super easy..
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Once you get that little rut dug between the dirt and the sidewalk, it gets super easy..
        I'm noticing that. There are a few places where I still have some dirt packed in there, but it gets easier every week.

Comment

• I think it's coming in pretty good, think it's ok to throw Scotts green max down? I installed the sod on 5/4 and put down some cheap starter fertilizer on 5/6.. but it's seen a shit ton of water and rain over the last 30 days..

"PSH!!!"

Comment

• So what's a good fertilizer for the summer?
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I put down Lesco 25-0-11, not sure if bermuda vs st. augustine makes a difference though.

Comment

• My buddy has a really nice st Augustine yard but dallisgrass is present. Is there any way to rid this without using a non selective herbicide? Or dig.. he wants a chemical if there is one
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

• No

Comment

• Well I got in a pretty bad accident and have been out for about 2 1/2 months my neighbors have been cutting my grass but went from a 1 to a 4 setting. Now that i am back to good health i spent about 6 hours going from the 4 back down to the 1. I need to go get some fertilizer and will be watering it for the next couple of days to help it green up (hopefully). :shock:

My neighbors think im crazy because it was dark green on top but the length was driving me insane!

Comment

• I've got some serious dead spots. Need to grab some pics. I've over seeded too, and the new stuff comes in only to die. FUCKING RABBITS!!!! I have an army of them out front and their piss is killing my grass! Time to make some stew.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                        I've got some serious dead spots. Need to grab some pics. I've over seeded too, and the new stuff comes in only to die. FUCKING RABBITS!!!! I have an army of them out front and their piss is killing my grass! Time to make some stew.
                        That suuuuuuuuuuucks!

Comment

• My lawn sucks. I got huge bald spots in the front yard right underneath the trees. I think that somehow they're caused by the trees. That and I never water it lol

And its mostly weeds too. Its ugly. Someday I'll do something about that... like install a sprinkler system.
                          WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                            My lawn sucks. I got huge bald spots in the front yard right underneath the trees. I think that somehow they're caused by the trees. That and I never water it lol

And its mostly weeds too. Its ugly. Someday I'll do something about that... like install a sprinkler system.
                            If the trees are bloking out the sun, that is most definitely why there is no grass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goku025 View Post
                              Well I got in a pretty bad accident and have been out for about 2 1/2 months my neighbors have been cutting my grass but went from a 1 to a 4 setting. Now that i am back to good health i spent about 6 hours going from the 4 back down to the 1. I need to go get some fertilizer and will be watering it for the next couple of days to help it green up (hopefully). :shock:

My neighbors think im crazy because it was dark green on top but the length was driving me insane!

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              My lawn sucks. I got huge bald spots in the front yard right underneath the trees. I think that somehow they're caused by the trees. That and I never water it lol

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't mowing lower promote more weed growth?
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't mowing lower promote more weed growth?
                                My bermuda likes to be at 1/2" but no more than 1.5". If i keep it low it gets so dense that it chokes out any weeds that come up. If i do get weeds (from my neighbors) its only a handful that i can go out and pull. I also put down the Lesco pre-emergent twice a year and it has really helped that as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X