Lift kit for a van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift kit for a van

Need some help finding a front lift for my 94 chevy van. Needs to be raised 2 inches to clear tires. Don't want to put the anemic skinnies back on that truck. Anyone know where I can find such a kit? I've hit a few 4x4 places and they said they have no idea where to find them. I would think the 3500 or 1 ton pickups would be the same, since they are truck chassis. Will post pics before and after the lift.

This thread smells of imminent roll-over.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If you find a 2wd lift for a truck, it might work. A 2" lift usually is just springs or a puck, from what I've seen.

If it was me, I would pull a spring out, measure its length, width, coil count and coil thickness, then go take a walk around a pick n pull and try to find one that is a bit taller with a bit thicker coil.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Do some digging here:

Syncro, 4wd Conversion Vans, Toyota 4wd Vans, etc.Sponsored by U-Joint Offroad

There are a number of people who have converted vans to 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          This thread smells of imminent roll-over.
          Grade A quality humor post right there.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

There is a silver diesel 4x4 Econoline in Garland that looks like it has a lift. Has a safari basket on top and ranch hand bumpers. Would have never thought about wanting a full size van till I saw that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
              There is a silver diesel 4x4 Econoline in Garland that looks like it has a lift. Has a safari basket on top and ranch hand bumpers. Would have never thought about wanting a full size van till I saw that one.
              There is a company that builds them in AZ or NM still. I would love to own one.

Comment

The cool factor is high, but unless it has a faucet/toilet with ballast tanks near or below CV that are full, the rollover factor is high on turns, even on the freeway.

Cool [X]
                Unusual [X]
                Usable [\]

I guess you could use it to pick up the taller highschool girls wanting icecream.

Comment

Actually I wanted to even out the front end. It has a serious rake on it. The ass end is high and the front needs to raised.. Or I could lower the back end, but then would I loose towing clearance? Give me like a day or 2 and I will post pics up on my album page before and after.. The factory tires are 225/70/16.. I put 265/70/17's on it and the front rubs horribly. So drop it or raise it?

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Do some digging here:

Syncro, 4wd Conversion Vans, Toyota 4wd Vans, etc.Sponsored by U-Joint Offroad

There are a number of people who have converted vans to 4x4.
                    Found some good stuff in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebreaux Assasin View Post
                      Found some good stuff in there.
                      Yeah, I like that site.

Comment

overlandvans.com or just google overland vans

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
                          overlandvans.com or just google overland vans
                          Those are sick vans!
                          2 Chronicles 7:14
                          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

I'd like to buy a van like this:

And do a 4x4 conversion / lift..

<H2>1983 Falcon Class B Motor Home - $3750 (Greenville, Texas)

Date: 2011-11-01, 12:30PM CDT
                            Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

19 FT Dodge Motor Home.
                            Dash and Roof Air, Onan Generator.
                            Refrigerator, Sink, 3 Burner Stove-Top.
                            Toilet, Tub Shower, Holding Tanks.
                            Sleeps 4.

Very Good Shape

More pics upon request.

"Call For All Details"

Please call, 214-212-1051 "No Text Message"

Keywords: RV, Motorhome, Camper, Dodge, Texarkana, Tyler, Longview, Terrell, Greenville, Commerce, Paris, Bonham, McKinney, Anna, Melissa, Sherman, Texoma, OKC.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
                            </H2>

Comment

Uncle Rico status!
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X