abortion law wording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    It's not life if it can't maintain its own bodily functions, until such time it should be more aptly classified as a parasite.
    So does this include someone who is in a coma or on life support in a hospital? They can't maintain their bodily functions either...

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
      Technically, they're more aptly classified as parasites until they leave home.....
      If you really want to drive this thread into the ditch, let's look at abortions and this board. If more women had abortions, then this board would be a lot less crowded...

Comment

Here is a good video on how people decide what is human or not...it is made to try and get people who are pro choice to become pro life...give it a chance and watch it all...

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
          I'm torn on the abortion issue, on one hand I support it because it is killing children, but then on the other hand I can't support it because it gives women a choice.
          I don't support abortion, I don't bother other people with my opinion about it (unless they ask my advice), and as bad as I feel about it, I can't stop laughing about this comment.
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'd like to see something like this done in abortion clinics.

Cliff's notes: An abortion clinic in Columbus also has an adoption agency on site. They offer a full education on adoption choices and give the mother a chance to make an informed decision without being judged.

BTW, a fetus/embryo/zygote does not fit the technical definition of a parasite.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

Cliff's notes: An abortion clinic in Columbus also has an adoption agency on site. They offer a full education on adoption choices and give the mother a chance to make an informed decision without being judged.

Teenagers do. They're a completely different species that sucks the life out of their hosts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

I'm all for this. If you're going to abort, you should be given the opportunity to give that child a chance. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean someone doesn't
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It's interesting that before they remove a cyst or tumor, they let you see it on Xray but letting you see the child you're killing is too much?
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    It's interesting that before they remove a cyst or tumor, they let you see it on Xray but letting you see the child you're killing is too much?
                    In all fairness you are comparing apples to oranges. It's not like they want to convince you to not have the tumor removed.
                    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      I'm all for this. If you're going to abort, you should be given the opportunity to give that child a chance. Just because you don't want it doesn't mean someone doesn't
                      So lemme get this straight. You want the government to stay out of people's personal choices, unless that choice affects a cluster of tissue that is not medically viable outside of the uterus?

Comment

So lemme get this straight. You want the government to stay out of people's personal choices, unless that choice affects a cluster of tissue that is not medically viable outside of the uterus?

haha

Comment

Check and mate!
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            It's not life if it can't maintain its own bodily functions, until such time it should be more aptly classified as a parasite.
                            Two humans don’t create a non-human parasite that later becomes a human.

If a baby has been delivered but the umbilical cord has not been cut — i.e., that awful, awful parasite of “unknown” origin is still greedily sucking nutrients from the defenseless mother — is it OK to kill the baby?

A born child cannot maintain its own bodily functions. It must be fed, clothed, sheltered and so on. To arbitrarily call the born or unborn a parasite is hyperbole.

I'm guess I would fit under the anti-abortion crowd but I am quite willing to acknowledge that there are a helluva lot of gray areas here. Each day, science keep pushing back the gestation time needed for a baby to survive outside the womb. At what point does life begin? From a purely technical standpoint, the zygote is indeed a living muti-cellular organism. Even semen and eggs are "living" but I have to admit that I certainly have no problem with birth control. I think a very reasonable argument can be made that preventing the implantation of the zygote isn't murder. Beyond that, I think there are a lot of questions marks.

Comment

Not only that, they also want to bitch when the baby momma wants every entitlement under the sun AND then wants more entitlements when they have more "precious babies". It makes no sense. If churchies are on the right politically, they should want more abortions since they are just growing the left. Banning abortions should be the dems wet dream.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                                Not only that, they also want to bitch when the baby momma wants every entitlement under the sun AND then wants more entitlements when they have more "precious babies". It makes no sense. If churchies are on the right politically, they should want more abortions since they are just growing the left. Banning abortions should be the dems wet dream.
                                I've always been baffled by that thought process. I am pro-choice and hate welfare programs.
                                I'd rather subsidize Jane's nine abortions instead of giving her a free pass to lay on her back and make more babies that will bring the next generation into the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X