Best new series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best new series?

Well, we've had quite a few good series come out lately. And I've found myself watching TV more regularly than I use to. I figured I'd rate the new series I've seen this year, and see what everyone's thoughts are.

1. Hell on Wheels
    2. Falling Skies
    3. The Walking Dead

I felt Hell on Wheels was by far the best of the new series. Cinematography is excellent, actors are superb (Colm Meaney is the shit), and the story is incredibly interesting. If you haven't watched it, download the first season right now.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Derrr you is stoopid cj.

How new is "new?" If three seasons or less, Justified has to be on there. Hell on Wheels might be my favorite though and, of course, The Killing.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Game of Thrones. Second season just started.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I couldn't get into Falling Skies, The Walking Dead is shit imo (first season was great), my only hope for TV shows lies with Game of Thrones.

Comment

Yeah lets say 3 seasons or less. Falling skies is good, I hope this year will be better since the budget will be larger, it was pretty poor in the CGI department. Walking dead was good, first season was much better, but the farm shit was a little absurd, i hope they don't make that mistake again. Not familiar with Games of Throne...

but again, if you guys haven't seen Hell on Wheels - download the first season... it's fucking great.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            Yeah lets say 3 seasons or less. Falling skies is good, I hope this year will be better since the budget will be larger, it was pretty poor in the CGI department. Walking dead was good, first season was much better, but the farm shit was a little absurd, i hope they don't make that mistake again. Not familiar with Games of Throne...

but again, if you guys haven't seen Hell on Wheels - download the first season... it's fucking great.
            I'm actually shocked.

I would rate it as a much watch, even if you aren't familiar with the books or storyline. First season was simply epic, no other words to put it.

If you want, let me know and I'll throw them up so you can FTP them off or whatever.

EDIT: What about Spartacus, you watch that at all?
            Last edited by roliath; 04-08-2012, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Game of Thrones, Justified, The Killing, Walking Dead.

Eastbound & Down and Modern Family for comedy factor.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hell on Wheels gets my vote.

Comment

Game of Thrones.
                  First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

House of Cards was fucking awesome.

Comment

Shameless
                      Southland
                      Workaholics

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        House of Cards was fucking awesome.
                        Really liking that so far. Game of Thrones was great too.

We like Parks & Rec, Modern Family, Big Ban Theory for comedy.
                        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                          Shameless
                          Southland
                          Workaholics
                          Haven't watched the Workaholics but Shameless is bad ass.
                          Southland rocks... I am awaiting Dexter and Breaking Bad to come back on.

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
                            Haven't watched the Workaholics but Shameless is bad ass.
                            Southland rocks... I am awaiting Dexter and Breaking Bad to come back on.
                            Workaholics is HILARIOUS. You gotta watch it. It comes on Wednesdays. I also DVR the older episodes, it comes on Comedy Central late night.

Comment

Bump for D Lil.
                              Originally posted by talisman
                              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                              Originally posted by AdamLX
                              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              Because fuck you, that's why
                              Originally posted by 80coupe
                              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                              Originally posted by Rick Modena
                              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                              X