Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cost for coilover install for an Audi S6

Do you guys still visit the board?

Anyway, I just ordered them, but not sure when I'll have them. How much would it cost to do and how long would it take?

Thanks,
    Tim

Originally posted by CWO View Post
    Do you guys still visit the board?

Anyway, I just ordered them, but not sure when I'll have them. How much would it cost to do and how long would it take?

Thanks,
    Tim
    We would be happy to help with you Audi suspension. What year S6 is it and which coilovers did you order?

- Kyle Yepsen
    Texas Track Works

Comment

Sorry. It's a 2002 and I have, or will have, the Bilstein B14 PSS set-up.

Comment

Sorry. It's a 2002 and I have, or will have, the Bilstein B14 PSS set-up.
        Tim,

Coilover installation on those big Audis can be pretty involved but we have done quite a few of them, so we are familiar with the job. Labor to install the coilovers is $475, and that includes setting ride height. After the install, the car will need an alignment, which we can do here as well. We charge $149.99 for a 1 time, 4 wheel alignment. Also included with our coilover install and alignment service is 1 complementary touch up ride height and alignment adjustment (just in case the springs settle after the first 100-200 miles).

Do you know when the coilovers will arrive or when you will need this done? This work will take the majority of a day, so I would recommend that you drop the car off, if possible. That being said, in order to minimize turn around time, we work by appointment only so if you have the car here by 11:00 AM or so, we should be able to finish everything that same day.

Just give me a call when you have an estimated delivery date for the parts and we can arrange a good day for you to bring the car in. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Kyle Yepsen
        Texas Track Works

Comment

Damn. LOL. I don't have a delivery date because of how the vendor ships direct or whatever. I hope to have a tracking number by Monday or so. I'm in no real hurry other than my car riding bad for now. I can drop it off in the morning and leave it all day, so that's not a problem. I'm going to be honest though, I wasn't thinking it would cast as much as it does. I'm not saying it's not warranted, but I was expecting $3xx or so. I'll let you know what happens as we go. I may end up installing them myself and having you guys align it. I'm going to ask a few Audi guys just how bad it is. I'll let you guys know either way. Thanks for getting back to me.

-Tim

Comment

Damn. LOL. I don't have a delivery date because of how the vendor ships direct or whatever. I hope to have a tracking number by Monday or so. I'm in no real hurry other than my car riding bad for now. I can drop it off in the morning and leave it all day, so that's not a problem. I'm going to be honest though, I wasn't thinking it would cast as much as it does. I'm not saying it's not warranted, but I was expecting $3xx or so. I'll let you know what happens as we go. I may end up installing them myself and having you guys align it. I'm going to ask a few Audi guys just how bad it is. I'll let you guys know either way. Thanks for getting back to me.

-Tim
            I understand needing to stay within budget, and most of our coilover installs are in the $300 range but that car is a bit more involved and requires more time than most other vehicles. I would be willing to do it for $425, but unfortunately that is the best price I can do on it. I understand if that doesn't work, just let me know if I can help.

- Kyle

Comment

I'm sure it's a fair price. I just don't know if I can pay it

Comment

I'm sure it's a fair price. I just don't know if I can pay it
                You live in Frisco? Stop playing hardball!!!

Comment

It's the shitty side of Frisco though

Comment

It's the shitty side of Frisco though
                    Oh, so your house only cost 400k

Comment

lol, not even close. I'd like to think if I had a $400k house I wouldn't be too worried about $500 to have some parts installed

Comment

Don't mean to hijack but Thanks for not keeping the prices a secret. I hate it when people hide their prices and send a quote via pm. If you have to send a price via PM, it's probably a shitty deal. A friend of mine has been collecting suspension parts for his Porsche , I'll tell'em about you guys.
                        .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                          Don't mean to hijack but Thanks for not keeping the prices a secret. I hate it when people hide their prices and send a quote via pm. If you have to send a price via PM, it's probably a shitty deal. A friend of mine has been collecting suspension parts for his Porsche , I'll tell'em about you guys.
                          Agreed.

I'm still waiting on parts BTW

Comment

Working...
                          X