No announcement yet.

Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One really cool thing is they came with a wiring harness that links them all together for main power, ground and illumination plus they came with a dimmer rheostat.
    I can't say enough nice things about this compan.y

Comment

Hell yes that sells it even more.

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
        The funny thing is my motor pegged out the factory oil pressure gauge. My 347 idles hot at 60psi. 75psi at rpm.
        Sounds like you won't be having that problem. My OEM 5.7L chevy idles at 14 PSI, which looks like it has pretty much no oil pressure once it warms up.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Sounds like you won't be having that problem. My OEM 5.7L chevy idles at 14 PSI, which looks like it has pretty much no oil pressure once it warms up.
          whats it in?

Comment

Gauges in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              whats it in?
              Not quite sure what you're asking... Royal Purple? But according to the 73-87 forums, the oil pressure reading is where its supposed to be. 25 psi when oil is cold, around 14 when engine is at operating temperature. 14 psi on a 100psi oil pressure gauge makes it look like it has very low oil pressure. Sucks. And IIRC, autometer doesn't even sell 60psi oil pressure gauges. And I'm sure you know by now that the factory gauges in these old trucks are basically inaccurate junk.

Also I love the look of those gauges on the car man. To the untrained eye, they almost look as though the car might have came that way. That's the look I always go for.
              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Also I love the look of those gauges on the car man. To the untrained eye, they almost look as though the car might have came that way. That's the look I always go for.
                Thanks man. I studied the gauges very hard before buying. I think it mainly has to do with the "Mustangs to Fear" bezel.

Comment

Seats arrived. Need to modify the sliders that came with them to keep the seats low to the pan. They feel very comfortable so I hope they hold up.

Comment

That's a good lookin seat!

(That's what she said)

Comment

They feel pretty nice and at $209 each not bad priced either.
                      Procar makes an adapter for direct bolt in but it raises the seat a couple of inches. The seat back is taller than stock so I want to keep them low. No big deal to make a mount from flat stock.
                      They hold you in place really well in the driving position. I need to lose a few pounds and I will fit really well in the bolsters.

Comment

Right. With the older cars, the lower the seat, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by lilvega View Post
                          They feel pretty nice and at $209 each not bad priced either.
                          Procar makes an adapter for direct bolt in but it raises the seat a couple of inches. The seat back is taller than stock so I want to keep them low. No big deal to make a mount from flat stock.
                          They hold you in place really well in the driving position. I need to lose a few pounds and I will fit really well in the bolsters.
                          Do they have that whole "hard seating" thing going on, that all newer cars seem to have these days? Especially the Fords.
                          WH

Comment

They don't have as much give as the factory seat but they are designed to be firm and hold you in place. They seem to do that well.
                            They do have a classic series of seats that look just like the old Mustang seats. They are about the same price as getting my original seats re-covered.

Comment

How much is it for a redo of the originals? My bench needs redone and i have no idea of general cost.

Comment

For my buckets the seat upholstery was $75 per seat plus the foam was another $70. You can do it yourself with hog nosed pliers and hog rings. Takes a few hrs per seat or you can pay a shop to install for an out $175 each.

Comment

Working...
                                X