No announcement yet.

Graco TrueCoat 360 Paint Sprayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our sales reps at sherwin williams have recommended we backroll all of our walk outs and exterior sprays. Then come back and re-roll the interior before we install carpet. We unfortunately use bottom of the barrel flat paint, so I'm not sure if that makes a big differnce in it or not.

I have yet to get a painter to back roll at the prices that we pay. We are finally getting them to re-roll before carpet and it is making a significant difference in finish out. These are $300-600k homes. I believe we use this same recommended process in our semi custom line which runs more in the $750k range

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

All I know is we do high end flips, we use the best paint Baer makes, and we spray it, no rolling, and it looks perfect. Good paint lays down thick and covers

We are doing one in lower Greenville now, you guys can come see how it's done

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
        All I know is we do high end flips, we use the best paint Baer makes, and we spray it, no rolling, and it looks perfect. Good paint lays down thick and covers

We are doing one in lower Greenville now, you guys can come see how it's done
        I will 100% agree that better quality paint yields better results with less work. Most production builders use cheap flat paint. The need for back rolling and the additional labor to roll before carpet is because with the cheap paint, we don't get the build up you need for proper coverage.

I painted my house, with a roller, with Valspar Signature from Lowe's and I rolled it once with a purdy collosus roller and we are GTG. Looks perfect.

If you can't pick up a brush and paint a 1'x1' section of the wall and NOT have brush strokes in it, you are using the wrong paint!
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
          You can get away with spraying a ceiling due to the knock down and flat paint in new construction. If it's a repaint they get rolled in 2 coats in opposite directions based on where you view the room most often

I would bet most painters could spot your sprayed walls....your overlap would be clearly visible and the fingers on your pattern always leave their mark if not backrolled. If they are ugly textured walls then spray away. Rolling leaves stipple which is a good thing. Flat paint finishes with less than an eggshell

Whatever makes you happy though. Just friendly advice for the best job possible. Don't want to take it... no problem.

That kind of work would never fly on the jobs I used to do for my old boss. I'm just a hack anyway.
          dunno man.. I have level 5 drywall. No texture, completely smooth. Rolling it would have added texture.

Comment

Also looking at the Graco Project Painter Plus and Graco X5. You fellas ever used one of these?

Comment

Working...
            X