Windows 7/8/10 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    I hope it works out for everyone. I worked at Perot back in 2005-07 and built their first VMware cluster. Spent a year teaching everyone about virtualization before I left for EDS. I've still got a lot of friends in the Plano office.
    Is that where you went after Microsoft? I left before you guys did, I think I only made 6 months on the contract with MS before I couldn't stand it anymore. One of the guys that works for me James Lewis, was there on the Setup team same time as we were, and was also one of Shane (Mr. Evil)'s roomates at one point, when he first moved here from Monroe.

Small world, huh?

Comment

Is there a way to register a windows 8.1 product key for the free upgrade without actually having to first download and install windows 10?

I bought a key for my pc I'm building, but I don't think it'll be here before the 29th. I guess I could just install it on a laptop and then upgrade it, then use the key on the new computer, but I didn't want to wipe an extra machine just to do that.
      sigpic

Comment

I downloaded windows 10 and during the install put in my windows 7 keys i bought for $10 each and it installed just fine. Not sure if that helps.

Comment

It doesn't, because I haven't received the computer parts to assemble and begin an installation on.

Oh well, i guess I'll just slap it on a random laptop, and reuse the key on the new machine once it's built.
          sigpic

Comment

I like 10 because it's just xboxone layout.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

yes, goto 10. I went to 10 and never looked back. There is zero downside.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                It doesn't, because I haven't received the computer parts to assemble and begin an installation on.

Oh well, i guess I'll just slap it on a random laptop, and reuse the key on the new machine once it's built.
                It's going to hit you with a new build and invalidate the windows 10 registration. You'll have to call Microsoft and fight with them, and eventually they'll give you a Windows 10 key. I had to do that with my system. I argued with them that I had to RMA my motherboard, and windows detected it as a new computer. They gave me a new Windows 10 key. (It was, in fact, a completely different computer)
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yea, pretty much prepared for that. Those fuckers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                    Yea, pretty much prepared for that. Those fuckers.
                    It sounds like you're building my current computer, from what you've mentioned in other threads.

Comment

Working...
                    X