Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building my first PC on a budget...need opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ram can't do what it's capable of with the current AMD offerings. Wait for the new AMD stuff or go Intel.

Comment

Dammit. Any news of a new amd chip?
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I just ditched my 8350 for a 6700k build.

I don't think I'll ever go back to AMD.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking right now to just get an rx 480 for $199 when I can find one for that price, throw the 6300 in there, over clock it, then just save up for a better build. Is it pretty easy to switch shit over from an amd cpu/gpu to an intel/Nvidia platform?

Comment

it usually involves a motherboard, memory, and cpu change if you want to jump ship from one to the other.

Just finished my 6700k build this weekend, waiting for the titan x to be released to complete it.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811853031

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              it usually involves a motherboard, memory, and cpu change if you want to jump ship from one to the other.

Just finished my 6700k build this weekend, waiting for the titan x to be released to complete it.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811853031

Nice! I just went ahead and got a 950. Should be here Sunday. I'll be sure to put some cash aside and hopefully by the time the 1080Ti is released, I'll be able to upgrade everything needed.

Looking forward to dipping my toes in the PC gaming world. Hopefully I don't fuck up the build

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Nice! I just went ahead and got a 950. Should be here Sunday. I'll be sure to put some cash aside and hopefully by the time the 1080Ti is released, I'll be able to upgrade everything needed.

Looking forward to dipping my toes in the PC gaming world. Hopefully I don't fuck up the build
                There will be no 1080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  There will be no 1080Ti
                  What the fuck? Did Nvidia announce that?

Comment

Now I can't find the article I read where it was officially stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      Now I can't find the article I read where it was officially stated.
                      All the articles I've read are rumors but I don't see why there wouldn't be a Ti. I gotta admit, even though my build is on the low-end spectrum of PC gaming, I'm pretty excited. I've had these parts sitting in my closet for months. I'm ready to see some results.

Comment

Grats man, it's fun building one and tweaking every bit of performance out of it.

Comment

Got it built, turns on. Now I'm uhh...buying windows 10.

Comment

So I got No Man's Sky off of Steam earlier today. Should've listened to the reviews, runs choppy as hell. Requested a refund. Will probably get GTA V once it goes through unless you guys have any other recs for great looking and fun games on PC. Almost got Skyrim for comparison, but figure I'll wait until the remaster to hopefully just be in complete awe of how much better it looks than it did on my 360.

Comment

Working...
                            X