• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    add a vband to the dp so you can take it off in sections
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Fuck you. We're not going to Costco.
      Last edited by Matt; 10-17-2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Fuck you. We're not going to Costco.
        Hahaha. I'll let you in if you show up late.

Comment

• Got a picture, for proof of life if you will. Mike is smoothing the shit out of the case getting ready to lay some paint on it.

test
          Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-17-2017, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• So with changing from the fun to drive on the street T56 to a slightly less fun to drive on the street but a better track transmission, the 4R70W with transbrake, I am going to be making some suspension changes too.

That said, I will be pulling the MM torque arm, MM panhard bar, MM lower control arms (w/spring perch), the Bilsteins (front and rear) with MM coil over kits and springs. In their place I am putting in a suspension more suitable for launching the car from a dead stop. I am still wanting it to be decent to drive around town so I am going with all poly bushing stuff vs hard heim joints.

Take a look and tell me what I am missing?
            Strange 10-way adjustable rear coil over shocks (S5248)
            Team Z lower adjustable shock mounts (5811-M40)
            Strange 10-way adjustable front struts with coil over conversion kits (S6005LM & S6001)
            Team Z Street Beast adjustable upper control arms (poly bushing)
            Team Z Street Beast adjustable lower control arms (poly bushing)
            Team Z ARB (poly bushing)
            Wild Rides upper and lower battle box kits.

The transmission still needs
            Strange 3" chromoly drive shaft
            Strange pinion flange for 1350 u-joints with their caps
            Derale 15870 transmission cooler with fan
            -8an line and fittings

I am probably going to go back to a 4" single exhaust. Not sure how far back I am going to try and get it though. I need the space on the driver's side muffler spot to put the trans cooler.

Hopefully my next trip home in April I can get the new trans mounted up. I am not going to still be ordering parts so it won't be on the road then. So while it is still down I want to pull the rear, clean it up, weld on the tabs for the ARB, get the tubes welded and then put some paint on it. I won't be putting it back in until the summer when I can afford the rest of the suspension parts.

There will be, another, tire and wheel change down the road too. I will keep these BBS and nitto tires but I am going to need something better that hooks for the track...if I can ever get it there.
            Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-17-2017, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• What are you doing to help with the instant center? Are you going to install adjustable lower control arm brackets as well? This is a similar path to the one I am taking. I pulled my MM rear suspension after converting to a built auto. I am looking to go with Baseline Suspension's Outlaw setup with ARB, adjustable LCAs, and a good set of rear coilovers.
              01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

• Originally posted by Fastlane View Post
                What are you doing to help with the instant center? Are you going to install adjustable lower control arm brackets as well? This is a similar path to the one I am taking. I pulled my MM rear suspension after converting to a built auto. I am looking to go with Baseline Suspension's Outlaw setup with ARB, adjustable LCAs, and a good set of rear coilovers.
                I looked at Baseline's stuff. Not sure if I want to get that deep into the setup. I think simple, albeit adjustable upper and lowers with an ARM will be fine. Only reason I am going with the new brackets for the shocks is better setup the ride height and spring rates.
                Last edited by KBScobravert; 01-18-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• how much for the torque arm? I assume its the higher hp one?

Comment

• Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                    how much for the torque arm? I assume its the higher hp one?
                    It is their standard. I installed all that MM suspension back in a day when I was just gonna do a mile 350hp Vortech build. When it started to get out of control I asked MM if the standard would be fine or would I need to up it to their HD one. They said they have never seen either break.

When I pull the TA, I am pulling the PHB, front and rear bilstiens with coil overs and the rear lower control arms. I want to sell it all as a whole first. Stuff may have 3,000 miles on it.

Comment

• I touched your tranny yesterday, it is beautiful lol.

Comment

• What I have been working on

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                        I touched your tranny yesterday, it is beautiful lol.
                        It's a beauty ain't it? Should be waiting on a converter change and it's done. I'm going to install it end of April when I get home, hopefully.
                        Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-14-2017, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Dude, it was a first for me to look at a transmission and think it was good looking. You will be very happy, I wached dyno videos of either it or the one that was right beside it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                            Dude, it was a first for me to look at a transmission and think it was good looking. You will be very happy, I wached dyno videos of either it or the one that was right beside it.
                            Thanks. It was a pretty big spend. Hopefully it is trouble free or I will certainly hear about from my wife. I liked talking to Mike. Got a good vibe he will make sure it is right so I'm not worried.

My r&r in April got pushed a week. Kind of good. It gives me an extra week of pay and puts my retention bonus on the check before I leave instead of after I return lIke my dates before would have done.

Just started collecting rear suspension changes. Found a BNIB set of Baseline Suspension street/strip lowers for a good amount off from facespace.

Next up is to buy the uppers

then the ARB

I still need to order a driveshaft, pinion flange, shocks and springs, trans cooler, a Stiffler's crossmember, and a few other items
                            Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-14-2017, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                              Thanks. It was a pretty big spend. Hopefully it is trouble free or I will certainly hear about from my wife. I liked talking to Mike. Got a good vibe he will make sure it is right so I'm not worried.

My r&r in April got pushed a week. Kind of good. It gives me an extra week of pay and puts my retention bonus on the check before I leave instead of after I return lIke my dates before would have done.

Just started collecting rear suspension changes. Found a BNIB set of Baseline Suspension street/strip lowers for a good amount off from facespace.

Next up is to buy the uppers

then the ARB

I still need to order a driveshaft, pinion flange, shocks and springs, trans cooler, a Stiffler's crossmember, and a few other items
                              you forgot to add the 417 motorsports intercooler and new piping from turbo to throttle body

Comment

you forgot to add the 417 motorsports intercooler and new piping from turbo to throttle body
                                But that factory hood clearance.

Trickflow R lower, adapter and Holley upper are not off the table though. I just don't think I'll have the extra 2.5" the small core setup needs. And I think my double core works better.

Comment

Working...
                                X