Pricing question on various services?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing question on various services?

Im curious to see what some of yall are paying for certain services.

Has anyone had a fence installed lately? how much did you pay per linear foot, and what kind of fence did you get, 6', 8' and so forth.

Has anyone had any drainage work done, French drains, how much did you pay linear foot?

Has anyone had any irrigation work done by other than me (lol) and what was the charge, was it by the hour or by the job?

Has anyone had sod installed, how much was it per pallet? Type of Grass?

In efforts to stay competitive in pricing id like to know what is being paid to make sure im giving the best price.

or any other work that you have had done

Thanks!

Wish I could help, but I typically do work myself if possible. I had some guys out to work on a few sprinkler heads I couldn't get to about 18 months ago. I think they replaced 2 heads, worked on a valve a bit, and turned off a few other heads. They were there maybe an hour, less than 10 minutes of shovel work, and cost me about $125. I needed them for the electrical/valve stuff more than anything.

On a similar note, let me know if you come to Prosper. I need to relocate half the heads in my back yard due to an upcoming patio expansion.

Can you contact some companies as if you have a new house under construction to get bids on the work? That would give you what they're charging.

Comment

Its kind of hard because everyone wants to come out and look at it, which I understand so hard for me to get prices that way.

price seems fair, most everyone I know now charges about 75-100per hour for repair for the irrigator (assuming they are licensed) and $135 for two guys (irrigator and helper) per hour plus material. irrigation repair is getting a little out of hand if you ask me.

repair is easy for me to beat because I just charge by the job since im trying to get in and get out as soon as possible so don't do the hourly thing, for the most part I have set prices and just get it done, I win some and lose some but at the end it all evens out.

Comment

I've seen prices posting on landscaping sites, but I know it's very regional. Most say something about 25 miles from ... before additional charge, and all state a starting price, not an absolute.

I can tell you around Haslet prices for that stuff varies significantly, as does what people think are good prices.

Sorry, no more help than that.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I work for one of the largest home builders in the area. Granted, I pay a lower cost typically than someone paying for install after they have purchased, or for replacement. Feel free to shoot me a message and I can give you an idea of what we are paying for services

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
            I've seen prices posting on landscaping sites, but I know it's very regional. Most say something about 25 miles from ... before additional charge, and all state a starting price, not an absolute.

I can tell you around Haslet prices for that stuff varies significantly, as does what people think are good prices.

Sorry, no more help than that.
            like with everything else, some people really undercut the business as on the flip end some people are giraffe poon!!!
            being licensed and insured takes a little bit more overhead than fly by night people so I want to be fair

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            I work for one of the largest home builders in the area. Granted, I pay a lower cost typically than someone paying for install after they have purchased, or for replacement. Feel free to shoot me a message and I can give you an idea of what we are paying for services

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            you have a pm buddy

Comment

Working...
            X