Need a new rewards credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new rewards credit card

I've used my cabelas card for years, but I've got just about everything I want from them.

I don't travel, so that's out. Any good cash back ones?

Thanks.

Citi double cash is a decent card. 2% on all purchases

Comment

I use Bank of America Cash Rewards and get back 3% fuel, 2% groceries, 1% everything else. Roll it into a BoA account and get additional, but I forget how much. I buy everything with it and pay it off every month.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazon Prime rewards visa. Get 5% on Amazon purchases, 2% restaurant/gas and 1% everywhere else.

Comment

I was thinking about the amazon one. It seems like I get a box from.them twice a week

Comment

Sam's 5% gas 3% on dining/travel 1% everything else
            Fidelity 2% on anything.

Comment

my normal response... whatever card has the highest sign up bonus possible

Unless you are spending big money each month on a credit card, its going to take a long time to get a lot of points. Chase had a 100k points signup bonus not long ago. Thats a good one. Its going to take me 5+ years to rack up 100k in spending.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                my normal response... whatever card has the highest sign up bonus possible

Unless you are spending big money each month on a credit card, its going to take a long time to get a lot of points. Chase had a 100k points signup bonus not long ago. Thats a good one. Its going to take me 5+ years to rack up 100k in spending.
                Earn 100K bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,500 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards

Comment

Yeah I don't throw much 2k or so monthly

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Amazon Prime rewards visa. Get 5% on Amazon purchases, 2% restaurant/gas and 1% everywhere else.
                    We're quite probably doing this one. We do A LOT of shopping on Amazon and I think it would pay off in the long run.

We currently use Citi's American Airlines Advantage cards but we never travel so I'm sitting on around 400k airline miles. I'll keep one card just to keep some minimal activity on the account so I don't lose the miles but We'll probably switch over to the Amazon cards for regular use.

Comment

I got the Amazon one too. It gives money off when you are making another purchase. I guess that's the default setting for it. I like it though. Didn't realize it was 5%, thought it was 3%. If I had Amazon Prime I'd probably use it more. I hate paying for shipping, and paying for Prime is like paying for a lot of shipping that I might otherwise negotiate my way out of.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use 2 of the Citi double cash back. I don't think there is anything better for me. I spend 20-30k a month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Chase Sapphire Reserve has a 50k sign up bonus (it was 100k when I got it but looks like that promo is over). 450 annual fee but they reimburse you for $300 worth of travel expenses (hotels, flights, cabs, etc.) you also get reimbursed for global entry and you get a priority pass lounge membership. 3x points on travel and dining.

If you're getting a card then you would be dumb to pass up a bonus like that. For example you could fly in a Singapore airline suite for like 57k points ($8,000 value).

EDIT: If you wont be doing much travel then I would suggest the lower tier Chase Sapphire Preferred. Same bonus only 95 annual fee and 2x on travel and dining.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                            I got this one last month and got a $70 Amazon gift card for signing up. I used it on my first order.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              We're quite probably doing this one. We do A LOT of shopping on Amazon and I think it would pay off in the long run.

We currently use Citi's American Airlines Advantage cards but we never travel so I'm sitting on around 400k airline miles. I'll keep one card just to keep some minimal activity on the account so I don't lose the miles but We'll probably switch over to the Amazon cards for regular use.
                              If you dont use your miles...sell them. Online brokers will buy them for a good rate. Im guessing you could get $4k for your miles

Comment

Working...
                              X